The Charles B. Rangel International Affairs Summer Enrichment Program is managed by the Ralph J. Bunche International Affairs Center at Howard University and funded by a grant from the U.S. Department of State. The program is open to full-time undergraduate students with at least sophomore status at the time of application. The program aims to provide a unique opportunity for participants to learn about a wide range of possible international affairs careers, including those in government, non-governmental organizations, and the private sector. Winners will receive a stipend of $3,200 and costs of tuition, travel, housing, and two meals per day.
The Charles B. Rangel International Affairs Program is a unique partnership between Howard University and the U.S. Department of State, with strong support from the U.S. Congress.
- Be U.S. citizens
- Be full-time undergraduate students, with at least sophomore status on the date of the application deadline.
- Have a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.2 on a 4.0 scale at the time of application
How to Apply
To apply Charles B. Rangel Summer Enrichment Program, the candidate can register or log-in on the given link:
A complete online application includes the following:
- Completed sections with background information on the applicant, including work and volunteer experiences, international experiences and honors and awards.
- An interesting statement (in 500 words or less) that explains the applicant’s interest in international affairs and how this program will assist him/her in pursuing this interest.
- Uploaded documents, including the following: (Note: Word or PDF documents are acceptable).
- Transcript(s) from all colleges or universities that the applicant has attended.
- Proof of U.S. citizenship, including (Birth certificate, Certificate of U.S. citizenship, U.S. passport).
- Three letters of recommendation: Two from faculty members and one from a community leader who can comment on the applicant’s non-academic accomplishments and his/her potential as an emerging professional.
- Link for Recommendation form: http://www.rangelprogram.org/userfiles/files/RENGALPROGRAMFILES/2014%20Recommendation_Form%20-%20SEP.doc
The Summer Enrichment Program covers the costs for tuition, travel, housing, and two meals per day. It also provides a stipend of $3,200.
Applicants must submit the application material by the deadline February 2, 2017, 11:59pm EST.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, email at: rangelprogram-at-howard.edu