The Wentcher Foundation is pleased to announce Wentcher Scholars Program to high-performing Chicago Public Schools students to help them in pursuing higher education. These scholarships are intended to help high-performing CPS students with financial need pursue higher education at an accredited, not-for-profit college or university of their choice located within the United States. The CPS Wentcher Scholars Program awards 50+ scholarships valued at up to $10,000 to Chicago Public Schools seniors each year.
Funded by founder and benefactor Ernest Wentcher, the Foundation awards scholarships on the basis of academic merit, character, and financial need. Since 2002, the Foundation has supported more than 300 Scholars with more than $5 million in scholarship funding.
- Open to Chicago Public Schools seniors graduating in June 2017
- Minimum 3.0 unweighted GPA
- Minimum 20 composite ACT (or 1030 composite SAT)
- Open to all students who are eligible to receive federal financial aid. Applications from US citizens, legal permanent residents, and eligible non-citizens will be considered. If you are not sure about your eligibility status, visit the Federal Student Aid website.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can register themselves through the given link to be considered for scholarship program: http://bit.ly/Wentcher2017
- An official transcript uploaded by your school
- An ACT score report
- Two letters of recommendation written by a teacher, counselor, or other professional qualified to comment on your potential to succeed in college
- University admissions letter, if available
- Description of your work history, volunteer experience, extracurriculars, leadership, honors, and/or achievements
- Expected Family Contribution (EFC) and an uploaded copy of your FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR)
- Essay (minimum 500 words): Tell us your story and why you should receive a Wentcher Scholarship. [Help us understand who you are, your history or your goals, and/or how the Wentcher Scholarship will help you attain your dreams.]
- The Foundation awards 50+ renewable scholarships of $10,000 to CPS students annually.
- Wentcher Scholars who continue to meet the Foundation’s guidelines may renew their scholarships for up to four years of undergraduate support, totaling up to $40,000.
Scholarship application must be submitted by March 1, 2017.
For questions about this application, please contact Crystal Johnson at crystal-at-wentcherfoundation.org.