The Edwards Lifesciences Foundation’s mission is to increase access to higher education and to promote careers in the fields of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM)”. Hence they are launching the Edwards Lifesciences Foundation Scholarship Program that is managed by Scholarship America. The program is open to high school seniors from Orange County, California or Salt Lake County, Utah who are pursuing bachelor’s degrees in STEM fields. Through the program, the foundation will award 10 four-year scholarships of $2,500 per year ($10,000 in total) for undergraduate study.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Edwards Lifesciences’ roots date to 1958 when Miles “Lowell” Edwards set out to build the first artificial heart.
Applicants to the Edwards Lifesciences Foundation Scholarship Program must:
- Be current high school seniors who are residents of Orange County, CA or Salt Lake County, UT.
- Plan to enroll in the full-time undergraduate study at an accredited two- or four-year college or university for the entire upcoming academic year pursuing a STEM major. (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math)
- Be United States citizens or legal residents.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Children of Edwards Lifesciences employees are eligible to apply, regardless of resident location, if they meet all other eligibility requirements above.
How to Apply
To be applying, the applicant may register online through the given link: https://www.scholarsapply.org/edwards/
As part of your application, you must upload the following documents to Scholarship America
- A current, complete transcript of grades: Grade reports are not accepted. Unofficial or online transcripts must display student name, school name, grades and credit hours for each course and term in which each course was taken.
- A completed Applicant Appraisal Form (https://www.scholarsapply.org/uploads/edwards/AA.pdf ).
- Copy of your Student Aid Report from your FAFSA filing
- If selected as a recipient, the student will receive a $2,500 award, which can be used for tuition, fees, books and supplies only.
- Up to ten (10) awards will be granted each year.
- Awards may be renewed for up to three additional years or until a bachelor’s degree is earned, whichever occurs first, for a total of $10,000.
- Renewal is contingent upon continuing to major in a STEM field of study and satisfactory academic performance of maintaining a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent) and continuation of the program by Edwards Lifesciences Foundation.
- Awards are for undergraduate study only.
- Awards are granted without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender, disability or national origin.
The complete application must be submitted by April 11, 2017, at 11:59 p.m.
If you have any question, askdirectly to Scholarship America at (507) 931-1682 or Edwards-at-scholarshipamerica.org.