Many students struggle to obtain a college degree due to the rising costs of education. Hence, the Hearthstone Housing Foundation is pleased to announce the Hearthstone Scholarship Fund to full-time high school and college students who are from California, Oregon, and Washington.The purpose of the foundation is providing help to a low-income household or demonstrates financial need. The foundation will give the awards range from $500 to $5,000.
Hearthstone Housing Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit public benefit corporation. The foundation is dedicated to providing service-enriched affordable housing for low-income families, the elderly, and the disabled.
To be eligible for a Hearthstone Housing Foundation Scholarship, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be from a low-income household or demonstrate financial need
- Be 16-25 years of age
- Be a resident of a Hearthstone Housing Foundation property or be a resident in a county where a Hearthstone Housing property is located
- Be one of the following:
- A full-time high school student:
- Requesting support for college preparation courses, fees related to the college application process or other activities that are academically enriching, or
- Attending a college/university, graduate school, or trade school full-time in fall 2017
- A full-time college student
- Maintain at least a 3.0 GPA for current high school students and college-bound freshmen, or a 2.75 GPA for current college students
- Must be available for a phone interview in May 2017
How to Apply
To be applying, the interested candidate must submit these given following documents by mail:
- Submit a proof of my parents’ income-Submit a signed copy of your parents’ 2016 income tax return (Form 1040 is sufficient) or a copy of your complete FAFSA Student Aid Report
- Official transcripts – submit official transcripts with a school seal and in a sealed envelope
- Letter of recommendation- submit two new letters of recommendation. Letters must be dated within the last six months
- Candidate must provide a new personal statement that updates the committee on your growth, accomplishments, and experiences over the last year.
Mail your complete application package with all required documents to:
Hearthstone Housing Foundation
Attn: HHF Scholarship Committee
20331 Irvine Avenue, Suite E-1
Newport Beach, CA 92660
The Hearthstone Scholarship Committee has awarded $650,000 in scholarships. Scholarship awards range from $500 to $5,000.
Applications for the 2017-2018 academic year must be postmarked by March 31st, 2017. Winners will be notified by email towards the end of June.
Link for more Information:
If you have any questions, contact at 949.553.9447, extension 204 or scholarship-at-hearthstonehousing.org.