The Phi Mu Foundation offers more than 100 graduate and undergraduate scholarships award each academic year. Most scholarships are unrestricted, but some have been established for a particular chapter, field of study, the state of residence or college. The program is open to college students who are enrolled as full-time students in an accredited college or university. The Foundation’s sole purpose is to raise tax-exempt gifts used to fund values- based leadership programming. Winning candidate will receive Phi Mu scholarship for various amounts.
The mission of Phi Mu Foundation is the lifetime development of women through the support of Phi Mu’s leadership, scholarship, philanthropic and educational programs, and historic preservation.
To be eligible, the candidate must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicant/Recipient must be an initiated member in good standing of Phi Mu Fraternity. (Reference Phi Mu Fraternity Bylaws, Article 8, Section 2.)
- Applicant/Recipient must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above (on a 4.0 scale).
- Recipients must remain in an accredited college or university working toward a degree, credential or certificate for the full 2017-2018 academic year. All undergraduate recipients must be enrolled as full-time students as defined by their college or university.
- A member may receive no more than one scholarship per year and not more than three scholarships during her collegiate and alumnae academic career.
How to Apply
In order to apply for the Phi Mu Foundation Scholarship, candidate may create an account through the given link: http://app.smarterselect.com/program/apply/37160?apply=true
The applicant is required to submit the following:
- Official transcripts from each college or university. Applicants will be able to upload their transcripts to the online application.
- Two recommendations from academic or professional sources. (All recommendations must be submitted by March 2, 2017, in order for your application to be considered complete.)
- Phi Mu members are eligible for over 100 graduate and undergraduate scholarships awarded each academic year. Most scholarships are unrestricted, but some have been established for a particular chapter, field of study, the state of residence or college.
- Funds will be paid to the college or university no later than September 2017.
- Applications must be submitted by midnight Eastern Standard Time on March 1, 2017, to be considered for the 2017-2018 academic year.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified via e-mail no later than May 2017.
For all questions concerning this application, contact Nancy Hamill at 770-632-2127 or nhamill-att-phimu.orgduring business hours (8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. EST M-F)