The Richmond Tennis Association (RTA) is delighted to announce “RTA Tennis Community Scholarship”. The scholarship is open to the male and female graduating senior who best (and most creatively) exemplifies all the great things tennis has to offer for people living in RVA. The scholarship is designed to provide opportunities for area juniors to gain tournament experience and improve their state and sectional rankings. A $1000 scholarship award will be given to the winning candidate.
The RTA, originally known as The Richmond Tennis Patrons Association, was formed on November 3, 1954. RTA is one of the oldest and most successful community tennis organizations in the United States, having been named tennis organization of the year by the USTA and USTA/Mid-Atlantic Section during its existence.
All Scholarship applicants must be:
- A high school senior graduating from a public high school in the Richmond Metro Area in the spring of 2017
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Have been a member of a public high school tennis team for at least two (2) seasons
How to Apply
- To be applying for the scholarship you must upload a video through the given link: https://richmondtennis.wishpond.com/rta-community-scholarship-2017/
- A video clip (no more than 2 minutes) explaining or illustrating:
- What tennis means you
- How tennis has improved your life
- Or why you believe RVA is a great tennis town
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Award money of $1000 will be given to the winning candidate.
Applications must be submitted for the scholarship on or before March 31, 2017.