The EMPOWER Scholarship, parcel out by Courage Kenny Foundation, encourages and supports those students who are ethnically diverse and are pursuing a career in a medical or rehabilitation field. The scholarship is open to ethnically diverse students who have been accepted to or enrolled in a post-high school program. The scholarship is made for encouragement for different kinds of racial students who want to make their career in the rehabilitation field. Applicants must identify how they will use their education and training and demonstrate their interest in rehabilitation through this program. Award amount varies each year.
Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute is a part of Allina Health, provides a continuum of inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation and community services. The vision of the organization is that one day all people will live, work, learn and play in a community based on abilities, not disabilities.
To be eligible for the scholarship program one must:
- A resident of Western Wisconsin or Minnesota attending school in Western Wisconsin or Minnesota.
- Volunteer hours
- Pursuing a career in medical or healthcare.
- Minimum GPA of 2.0 on 4.0 scales.
- Need financial assistance.
How to Apply
Applying for the fellowship program, the candidates must download the application form through the given link: https://www.allinahealth.org/uploadedFiles/Content/Business_units/Courage_Kenny_Rehabilitation_Institute/Programs_and_services/Volunteer_opportunities/EMPOWER-Application.pdf
All applicants need to submit the following documents for consideration:
- Volunteer service essay
- A statement of financial need (on application)
- Two Reference Letters
- One from a coordinator of volunteers verifying your service and number of hours
- One personal reference – (i.e. teacher, coach, clergy, employment…)
- Copy of school transcript or acceptance letter
Please mail completed application to:
Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute
Volunteer Services – EMPOWER Committee
3915 Golden Valley Road, Minneapolis, MN 55422
The award amount varies each year.
All applications must be received for Empower Scholarship by April 30, 2017.
If you have questions, please contact Volunteer Services at (612) 775-2728 or email [email protected]