The Greater Washington Society of CPAs is pleased to announce the GWSCPA Educational Fund-Scholarship Program. The program is open to students who are attending a university with an accredited accounting program located within a 25-mile radius of the White House. The purpose of the program is to support accounting students who are attending institutions of higher education located in Washington, DC. The GWSCPA Scholarship Fund will make up to six awards ranging from $3,000-$5,000 each. This includes two special named awards—the Past President’s Award and the Sue Marcum Memorial Award.
The Greater Washington Society of CPAs serve more than 3,000 CPA and Non-CPA members in the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia. Founded in 1923 as the CPA society for the greater Washington, DC metropolitan area, the GWSCPA has a special niche among CPA societies, serving as a more concentrated cross-section of business, industry, government, education and public accounting than can be found anywhere.
- Accredited college or university located within 25 miles of the White House
- School must offer an accounting degree that qualifies graduates to sit for the CPA exam
- Rising senior or above for undergraduate awards
- Maybe entering an accounting-related graduate program for a graduate award
- Accounting major having passed at least 9 credit hours in accounting
- US citizen (or permanent legal US resident)
- 2 overall GPA (on a 4.0 scale) or above
- Must intend to sit for the CPA exam
How to Apply
To apply, the applicant may download the application form (pdf or Doc). Go through the given links:
- Official transcript with current semester course list (if not already listed on transcript)
- At least one letter of recommendation from an accounting professor at the school in which the student is enrolled
- Updated Resume
- Essay limited to 500 words – “The Importance of the CPA Credential to Me”
- Financial need statement: indicate percentage of annual tuition currently covered by financial aid in the form of scholarships and/or loans (i.e.
- For Past President’s Award – demonstration of leadership qualities through resume, recommendation letter or personal essay or additional attachments
- For Sue Marcum Memorial Award – demonstration of community service through resume, recommendation letter or personal essay or additional attachments
Return Completed Forms to
GWSCPA Scholarship Fund 1140
Connecticut Ave, NW, Ste 606
Washington, DC 20036
For this year, the Scholarship Fund will make up to six awards ranging from $3,000 for their undergraduate and graduate student awards to $5,000 each for their two special named awards-the Past President’s Award and the Sue Marcum Memorial Award.
The applicant must submit a completed application package no later than March 31, 2017.
If you have any questions, Contact at 202-601-0560 or kbedell-at-gwscpa.org