The Hearing Loss Association of New Jersey (HLAA-NJ) is pleased to offer HLAA-NJ Scholarships for New Jersey resident who are 17-20 years old. High school seniors with hearing loss, who plan to attend college, university or vocational school, beginning fall 2017, are invited to apply. The scholarship encourages and recognizes academic achievement, leadership qualities, community service and work experience. The four scholarship of $1500 each will be awarded to the winning candidates.
The Hearing Loss Association of America (HLAA) is the nation’s leading organization representing people with hearing loss. HLAA provides assistance and resources for people with hearing loss and their families to learn how to adjust to living with hearing loss.
To be eligible for the scholarship you will be:
- High school senior with hearing loss… You are a New Jersey resident,
- 17-20 years old… You plan to continue your
- Education in fall 2017… You are ambitious and
- Determined not to let hearing loss get in the way of your dreams
How to Apply
- Applicants must download the application form through the given link: http://www.hearingloss-nj.org/pdf/2017AF.pdf
- Applicants must download the letter of reference form through the given link: http://www.hearingloss-nj.org/pdf/2017LR.pdf
Applicants must submit the following documents:
- The applicant is encouraged to fill out the Application Form (two pages) and submit it as soon as completed to latisha.porter-vaughn-at-hearingloss-nj.org with the applicant’s name in the subject line.
- Next, the applicant should contact five people who will agree to send in one of five Supporting Documents send it to the Scholarship Committee Chair, Latisha Porter-Vaughn at latisha.porter-vaughn-at-hearinglossnj.org, with your/ applicant’s name in the subject line. The Supporting Documents include
- Three Letters of Reference send the letters to latisha.portervaughn-at-hearingloss-nj.org
- High school transcript sent directly to latisha.porter-vaughn-at-hearingloss-nj.org
- A recent audiogram and audiological report send to latisha.porter-vaughn-at-hearingloss-nj.org
- Please submit your Essay –which may be sent later than (and separate from) the Application Form — to latisha.portervaughn-at-hearingloss-nj.org
Submit all parts of the Scholarship Application to Lt-atisha Porter-Vaughn, Scholarship Committee Chair at Latisha.PorterVaughn-ahearingloss-nj.org
Up to four scholarships of $1500 each will be awarded to the winning candidate of HLAA-NJ Scholarship Program.
The scholarship application deadline is May 1, 2017.
If you have further questions or concerns please e-mail Latisha Porter-Vaughn, Scholarship Committee Chair latisha.porter-vaughn-at-hearingloss-nj.org