The Cystic Fibrosis Scholarship Foundation (CFSF) is pleased to announce the Jill M. Balboni Memorial Scholarship. The scholarship is dedicated in the memory of Jill Marie Balboni who lost her life long battle with cystic fibrosis in July 2013 at the age of 36. High school seniors and all college students with 3.2 GPA or better are invited to apply for this award. The mission of the CFSF is providing a college scholarship to a young adult with CF who embodies all that Jill stood for and accomplished in her life.One scholarship of $5,000 (for one year) will be awarded by the Cystic Fibrosis Scholarship Foundation.
The Cystic Fibrosis Scholarship Foundation (CFSF) was founded in June of 1999 in Evanston, Illinois by Mary Kay Bottorff, a parent of two, the older of which, a boy, was diagnosed with CF at three months of age. When he was born in 1982, his life expectancy was the late teens or early 20’s.
All students who meet the following criteria may apply for this scholarship:
- 2 GPA or better in high school and college (if applicable)
- Combined SAT score of 1750 or better or Composite ACT score of 25 or better
- Dedication to giving back to their community (volunteer work, speaking engagements, club and organization participation, etc.)
- Students will be required to attend school on a full-time basis (12 hours or more) and maintain a 3.0 GPA in order to maintain their scholarship.
How to Apply
The interested candidates may download an application form to apply for the Jill M. Balboni Memorial Scholarship. The link is: http://cfscholarship.org/wp-content/uploads/Jill-Balboni-application-1.doc
- Submit an essay of at least 650 words describing how you exemplify the spirit of Jill. Use concrete examples to show your enthusiasm for life and your “can do” attitude as well as your commitment to community service.
The complete entire application(Make a photocopy for your records) sent to:
Cystic Fibrosis Scholarship Foundation
1555 Sherman Avenue, #116
Evanston, IL 60201
E-mail: [email protected]
The Jill Balboni Memorial Scholarship is a one-year award of $5000.
All application forms must be postmarked by March 24, 2017, and awards will be announced on April 20, 2017.
If you have any question, contact at- phone number is 847-328-0127 and email- mkbcfsf-at-gmail.com.