The Lighthouse Guild wants to help legally blind young adults to make a successful transition to college, support their post-graduate education, and facilitate career development. Hence they are offering two scholarships named as the “College Bound Scholarship” and “Graduate School Scholarship”. The program is open to help outstanding and deserving legally blind high school students across the country. Scholarships are based on strong academic accomplishments and merit and provide additional financial support to help students make a successful transition from high school to a college or university of their choice.The winners of the “Lighthouse Guild Scholarships Program” will worth $10,000 scholarship award.
Lighthouse Guild is the leading not-for-profit healthcare organization, with a long-standing heritage of addressing the needs of people who are blind or visually impaired, including those with multiple disabilities or chronic medical conditions.
- The College Bound Scholarship: Up to 20 scholarships for high school seniors who will be a college freshman in the upcoming school year. This is a one-time only scholarship.
- The Graduate School Scholarship: one or more scholarships for a student who is pursuing a Master’s, Ph.D. or any other post-Baccalaureate degree (MD, JD, MBA, etc.).
How to Apply
To be applying for the Lighthouse Guild Scholarship, the interested candidates may submit an online application go to through the given link:
- The College Bound Scholarship: http://www.lighthouseguild.org/programs-services/scholarships/college-bound-scholarship-application/
- The Graduate School Scholarship: http://www.lighthouseguild.org/programs-services/scholarships/graduate-school-scholarship-application/
The applicant may upload of the following application requirements:
- Official Transcript
- Provide proof of legal blindness.Verification should be in the form of a statement from a state rehabilitation agency, an ophthalmologist or an optometrist.
- Provide proof of U.S. citizenship.A passport, birth certificate, naturalization papers or proof of legal residency.
- Send documentation of academic achievement.Copies of school transcripts and copies of SAT and/or ACT results.
- Include three letters of recommendation.Two letters should attest to your academic skills. Each letter must include the name, address and telephone number of the person writing the reference.
- Write two personal statements of 500 words or less.One describing your educational and personal goals, and another on the influence of an outstanding teacher on your education (only for the College Bound Scholarship)
- The statement about an Influential Teacher: Teacher’s statement should describe the influence of an outstanding teacher on your education and/or personal development. (only for College Bound Scholarship)
The Lighthouse Guild scholarships of up to $10,000 are awarded to one or more students applying to, or currently attending, graduate school.
- The College Bound Scholarship is providing up to 20 scholarships
- The Graduate School Scholarship is providing one or more scholarships
The application deadline is due on March 31, 2017.
If you have any query, contact to, Gordon Rovins at calling now – 212-769-7801 or scholars-at-lighthouseguild.org