The META (Making Education the Answer) organization is pleased to announce two (2) scholarships named as the “Platinum Scholarship” and the “Gold Scholarship”. The program is open to those students who are attending four-year colleges and universities as a full-time undergraduate and pursuing an academic discipline. The purpose of the META is to help the students by providing them scholarships and mentoring who are attending colleges across the country. Platinum Scholarship awards up to $7,500 and Gold Scholarship awards up to $2,000 payable over four years.
META (Making Education the Answer) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization founded in 2000 to address the community need. The organization providing scholarships and mentorship to Latino youth in Southern California with the vision of increasing the opportunities for Latinos to become successful business and community leaders.
To be eligible to apply for a META scholarship, students must meet the following criteria:
- Must be applying, accepted or enrolled at an accredited institution of higher education as a full-time undergraduate student pursuing an academic discipline.
- Students enrolled in a community or junior colleges are also eligible to apply provided they intend to enroll in and obtain a bachelor degree from a four-year accredited institution.
- Must have a 3.00 GPA and be in good academic standing.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident of Hispanic origin
- Must have attended high school in Southern California
- Preference is given to students who have demonstrated leadership or mentoring qualities through their record of involvement and participation in civic activities in school or in their communities.
How to Apply
To apply for the META scholarships, you may submit their online application on the given like:
- Two letter of recommendation- contact a high school teacher who knows you well and asks him/her to upload a confidential letter of recommendation for you.
- Transcript- upload, your most current transcript
- Upload a statement- a pick an experience from your own life and explain how it has influenced your development. Then, share your goals and tell why a college education is important to achieving them.
- Upload a copy of your FAFSA form
- Upload a recent photo of yourself
- Platinum Scholarship: This scholarship provides up to $7,500, payable over four years, to entering college freshmen attending four-year colleges and universities.
- Gold Scholarship: This scholarship provides up to $2,000, payable over four years, to either four-year College or University students or to community college students who plan to transfer to a four-year institution at a later date.
Applications are due on Tuesday, February 28, 2017, at midnight and scholarship recipients will be announced in May.
For any questions, email to laura-at-meta-foundation.org or call (310) 809-6779.