The National Health Service Corps is offering National Health Service Corps (NHSC) Scholarship Program (SP) to the students who are enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a full-time student. The purpose of the National Health Service Corps (NHSC) Scholarship Program (SP) is to provide scholarships to students pursuing primary care health professions training in a Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA). NHSC scholars will receive a monthly stipend amount of $1,344 (before federal taxes) to assist with living expenses.
The National Health Service Corps (NHSC) helps bring health care to those who need it most. Since 1972, they have been building healthy communities by connecting primary health care providers to areas of the United States with limited access to care.
To be eligible for a scholarship, all applicants must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen (either U.S. born or naturalized) or U.S. National.
- Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a full-time student.
- Be attending or accepted to attend one of the following accredited schools or programs located in a state, the District of Columbia, or a U.S. territory: Physician, Dentist, Nurse Practitioner, Nurse-Midwife, and Physician Assistant.
- Be eligible for federal employment.
- Not have an existing service obligation.
Applicants are ineligible if they are:
- Pursuing a non-primary care specialty. (For example, enrolled or accepted for enrollment in a program with a surgical or emergency medicine focus.)
- In the pre-professional phase of their health professions education. (For example, taking undergraduate pre-requisites for admission to a health professions training program.)
How to Apply
For applying for the scholarship, the candidates must download the application form through the given link: https://nhsc.hrsa.gov/downloads/spapplicationguide.pdf
The candidates must also submit the following documents:
- Proof of Citizenship
- Authorization to Release Information Form
- Acceptance Report/Verification of Good Standing
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Current Tuition and Fee Schedule
You can mail the completed application packet to:
U.S. Department Of Health And Human Services
Health Resources and Services Administration Bureau of Health Workforce
5600 Fishers Lane Rockville,
During the 2017-2018 school year, NHSC scholars will receive a monthly stipend amount of $1,344 (before federal taxes) to assist with living expenses.
Application submission deadline is April 27, 2017, 7:30 pm ET.
For questions, you can call at 800-221-9393 (TTY: 1-877-897-9910) Monday through Friday (except federal holidays) 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 pm ET.