The Pisacano Leadership Foundation has proud to announce the Scholars’ Leadership Program. The leadership program is currently open for only those applicants, who will be entering their fourth year (full-time) in a medical school in the fall of 2017. The scholar’s program provides educational programs, leadership training, and funding for outstanding fourth-year medical students for a four-year period. The winners of the leadership program will receive $28,000 maximum scholarship award.
The Pisacano Leadership Foundation seeks to enhance the specialty of family medicine by identifying and promoting the development of the future leaders in the most comprehensive primary care field.
- Only applicants who in the fall of 2017 will be entering their fourth year (full-time) in a U.S. medical school will be considered.
- Applicants must have declared family medicine as their specialty.
- Applicants will be judged on commitment to family medicine, leadership qualities, academic performance, interpersonal skills, communication skills, and involvement in serving others.
- The Foundation Board requires each applicant to complete an interview with a local family physician.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can download the application form from the given link:
- Applicants enclose a typed personal statement addressing any current issue that is relevant to the specialty of family medicine. Include your professional goals and the special strength you believe you possess that will allow you to address this issue. Your essay is not to exceed 700 words. Applicants ensure that your name and last four digits of your social security number are on the statement.
- Topical Essay addressing a family medicine issue (can be sent by mail or email)
- MCAT scores (can be sent by mail or email)
- USMLE score or COMLEX score (can be sent by mail or email)
- Official copy of undergraduate school transcript (and graduate transcript if applicable)
- Official copy of medical school transcript (must be sent directly from your school or
- Submitted in a sealed envelope with your application packet).
- Recommendation from a faculty member in the primary care department at your medical school
- Statement from the Dean (or Dean’s representative) of your medical school
- Recommendation from a family physician.
The completed application packet may be mailed or emailed to the following address:
Pisacano Scholars Committee
Pisacano Leadership Foundation, Inc.
1648 McGrathiana Pkwy, Ste 550
Lexington, KY 40511.
Or email to jireland-at-theabfm.org
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Although the scholarships are intended to reduce the level of medical-school-related debt, financial need is not a consideration. The maximum scholarship award is $28,000.
Applicants must submit the application material by the deadline March 1, 2017.