The Pat Tillman Foundation is pleased to announce the opening of the annual application process for the Tillman Scholars Program to eligible active-duty service members, veterans, and military spouses. Tillman scholarship is not a gift it’s an investment made by the foundation and its supporters. Tillman Scholars are chosen based exclusively on merit. The scholarship covers educational expenses, including tuition and fees, books and living expenses. Each year, up to 60 candidates are selected from thousands of applicants to be Tillman Scholars. 2017 Tillman Scholars can expect to receive an average of $10,000 per academic year.
In 2002, Pat Tillman proudly put his NFL career with the Arizona Cardinals on hold to serve his country. Family and friends established the Pat Tillman Foundation following Pat’s death in April 2004 while serving with the 75th Ranger Regiment in Afghanistan.
- Veteran and active-duty military service members
- Veterans with pre- and/or post-9/11 service from all branches of the U.S. Military, including the National Guard and Reserve
- Current spouses of veterans or active-duty service members, including surviving spouses
- Maintain a full-time student status
- Maintain a high academic standing (3.0 GPA or higher)
- Military veterans or spouses pursuing a degree as a full-time student:
- Undergraduate Bachelor’s degree
- Graduate or professional degree
- At a public or private, U.S.-based accredited institution of higher education
- Full-time as determined by your institution and program of study
How to Apply
To be applying, candidates can register and start participating in Tillman Scholars Program, today. The link is: https://pattillman.fluidreview.com/
Applicants will be required to submit the following:
- DD-214 Documentation of military service and/or community impact as a military spouse.
- Resume Résumé including education, work, public service history, recognitions and awards earned.
- Responses to (2) essay questions exploring the following areas: military and public service motivation and experiences; and educational, career and service ambitions.
- Character recommendation from a third-party
- 250-word bio
If an applicant progresses, they will request the following additional information at junctures in the selection process:
- Student Aid Report from FAFSA
- Two photos from military service or with your spouse
- Institutional financial aid award letter – Completion of a background check
- The scholarship covers educational expenses, including tuition and fees, books and living expenses. But scholars receive much more than just funding.
- Access to the Tillman Scholar Community and leadership opportunities within the network
- Invitation to the annual Pat Tillman Leadership Summit in Chicago, IL
- Entry to the annual Pat’s Run in Tempe, AZ, or Shadow Runs nationwide
- Access to mini-grants to attend professional development opportunities (conferences, workshops, and training)
- Invitation to premier partner conferences including Inc. 500/5000
- Access to veteran affinity groups and talent acquisition networks at top companies across the U.S.
- Participation in groundbreaking research studies in the veterans and military community
- Opportunities to meet and volunteer with veteran partner organizations including Team Rubicon, The Mission Continues, and Team RWB
- Highlights of your stories, studies and service efforts on the Pat Tillman Foundation website and social media
The application for the 2017 class of Tillman Scholars will close at 11:59 pm PT on March 1, 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, email at scholarships-at-pattillmanfoundation.org