The Tourism leadership council scholarship is offered by the Tourism Leadership Council (TLC) to the applicants who are entering or currently pursuing a career in the culinary, tourism or hospitality industry. The mission of the TLC is to provide a unified group with committed leadership pledged to promote, protect and serve the interests of the tourism and hospitality community of the greater Savannah area. Scholarship recipients will be recognized at the Tourism Awards and Scholarship Dinner on March 9, 2017. Each scholarship recipient and one guest are invited to the dinner at no charge.
The Tourism Leadership Council (TLC) serves as the leading trade organization for tourism, a $2.5 billion dollar industry in Savannah. With 26,000 employees who work in tourism, we protect the tourism community through vision, advocacy, and action.
- Students enrolled in a college or technical school during the 2016-2017 school years who are interested in pursuing a career in the culinary, tourism, or hospitality industry. Preference will be given to those enrolled in these specific programs, but anyone is encouraged to apply.
- Must maintain a 3.0 or above grade point average (as of most recent grading period).
How to Apply
- Candidate can apply only online for the scholarship. The link is: http://tourismleadershipcouncil.com/scholarship-application-form
- Interview notification/scheduling will sometime after February 14, 2017, and you must be available for a face to face interview during February 2017.
- An essay describing why you have chosen your current field of study and your vision of your future career
- Current resume (please include any work experience, activities, involvement, and/or awards)
- Official College/University Transcript (please provide the most recent official transcript even if you have not completed the semester/quarter you are currently enrolled in)
- Two Reference Letter
Scholarship recipients will be recognized at the Tourism Awards and Scholarship Dinner on March 9, 2017. Each scholarship recipient and one guest are invited to the dinner at no charge.
The deadline for the receipt of applications is February 14, 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, email at tlc-at-tourismleadershipcouncil.com