Student Veterans of America’ mission is to provide military veterans with the resources, support, and advocacy needed to succeed in higher education and following graduation. Hence, Student Veterans of America and Accenture have partnered to provide a scholarship to veterans who are pursuing an undergraduate degree at an accredited four-year college or university.The purpose of the program is to support any student veteran who is pursuing a 4-year bachelor’s degree.Student Veterans of America will be awarded four $10,000 scholarships to winners.
Student Veterans of America (SVA) is a 501(c) (3) coalition of student veteran groups on college campuses across the globe. The vision of the SVA is “All veterans will succeed in higher education, achieve their academic goals, and gain meaningful employment”.
All successful candidates must:
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate program for the 2016-2017 academic year
- Be attending full-time at an accredited four-year college or university in the United States
- Demonstrate a commitment to and passion for their chosen field of study
- Demonstrate leadership and engagement in their community
- Be a current student veteran, as proven by a DD 214 and transcript
- Have received an honorable discharge, or be in good standing with his or her branch of service
How to Apply
To apply for the scholarship, the candidate may submit an online application, go through the given link:
- Essay: answer two essay questions:
- Provide answers to the following two essay questions in one document using a maximum of 300-500 words per essay. Your word document should include your name and clearly specify each answer by number:
- Tell us about your previous leadership experiences, whether in high school, college, or during your military service. How have you carried these experiences forward in the classroom or in other university activities?
- Why are you interested in a career at Accenture? If you had to pick a specific function, which one are you most interested in and why (example: Operations, Consulting, Digital, Technology, and Strategy)?
- Current copy of your Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Unofficial copy of current university transcript updated for the most recently completed semester
- Responses to the two essay questions (on one document)
- DD 214, Certificate of Discharge
Four $10,000 scholarships will be awarded to the winners.
The 2017 Accenture Student Veterans Scholarship application will remain open until March 31, 2017, at 12:00 pm (noon) EST.
Should you have any questions, or experience any problems, send an email to scholarships-at-studentveterans.org or call 202-223-4710