The American-Scandinavian Foundation is delighted to announce fellowships and grants. These programs are available to individuals who have already completed a bachelor’s degree to pursue research or study in one or more Scandinavian country for up to one year. The ASF offers fellowships, cultural grants, internships/training, publications, exhibitions and other public programs reinforcing the strong relationships between the U.S. and the Nordic countries.The number of awards varies each year according to total funds available (fellowships up to $23,000) and (grants up to $5,000).
The American-Scandinavian Foundation (ASF) is a publicly supported, nonprofit, organization that promotes international understanding through educational and cultural exchange between the two regions, honoring their shared values, and appreciating their differences.A publicly supported American nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization, ASF has an extensive program of fellowships, grants, intern/trainee sponsorship, publishing, and cultural activities.
To be eligible, the applicant must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants must have a well-defined research, study or creative arts project that makes a stay in Scandinavia essential.
- Applicants must be United States citizens or permanent residents.
- Applicants must have completed their undergraduate education by the start of their project in Scandinavia.
- First priority will be given to applicants who have not previously received an ASF award. Only in exceptional cases will a third award be considered.
- Team projects are eligible, but each member must apply as an individual, submitting a separate, fully-documented application.
- Language requirements-
- The ASF considers it desirable that all candidates have at least some ability in the language of the host country, even if it is not essential for the execution of the research plan.
- For projects that require a command of one or more Scandinavian (or other) languages, candidates should defer application until they have the necessary proficiency.
How to Apply
To apply for the ASF fellowship and grant, the applicant may submit online application through the given link: https://apply.amscan.org/index.cfm?FuseAction=Security.LoginWizardStepOne
- The American-Scandinavian Foundation (ASF) offers fellowships (up to $23,000) and grants (up to $5,000) to individuals to pursue research, study or creative arts projects in one or more Scandinavian country for up to one year.
- The number of awards varies each year according to total funds available. Awards are made in all fields.
- The awards support project-related costs, including maintenance, trans- Atlantic round-trip travel, in-country travel, tuition and fees (where applicable) and materials expenditures (e.g., books, photocopying, and art supplies).
- Fellowships are intended to support a year-long stay. Priority is given to candidates at the graduate level for dissertation-related study or research.
The application deadline is November 1, 2017.
If you have any question, contact by mail amscan.org info-at-amscan.org or TEL – 212-779-3587