The Burroughs Wellcome Fund establish a grant named as “Investigators in the Pathogenesis of Infectious Disease”. Citizens and noncitizen permanent and temporary residents of the U.S. and Canada and must have an established record of independent research. The program is to provide opportunities for accomplished investigators still early in their careers to study what happens at the points where the systems of humans and potentially infectious agents connect. The Burroughs Wellcome Fund awards $500,000 over five years to the winning applicants.
The Burroughs Wellcome Fund is an independent private foundation dedicated to advancing the biomedical sciences by supporting research and other scientific and educational activities. BWF has goals to help scientists early in their careers develop as independent investigators.
Please see the basic entry requirements below
- Candidates must have an established record of independent research.
- Citizens and noncitizen permanent and temporary residents of the U.S. and Canada who are legally qualified to work in the U.S. or Canada are eligible. Candidates who are temporary U.S. residents must hold a valid U.S. visa (J-1, H1B, F-1 or O-1 visas). Temporary Canadian residents must hold a valid Canadian Visa (Study Permit, C-43, C44, C-10, or C-20 work permits/visas).
- Candidates who will be promoted to Associate Professor by November 15, 2017, are not eligible to apply. Candidates who have held or are currently holding a Burroughs Wellcome Fund career development award (CAMS or CASI) must contact BWF before writing the pre-proposal. Having had BWF travel, career guidance for trainees, preterm birth, regulatory science, or PDEP grants does not interfere with PATH support.
How to Apply
- Applicants can go through the given link to download the forms: https://www.bwfund.org/grant-programs/infectious-diseases/investigators-pathogenesis-infectious-disease/forms-and-resourc-0
- Firstly you can go through the given link and sign in yourself to apply for the scholarship program:https://www.grantrequest.com/SID_227/default.asp?SA=SNA&FID=35072&SESID=53423&RL=
All applicants please submit the following information with your application:
- Application Cover Sheet
- Five Critical Questions
- Applicant’s Biosketch
- Institutional Certification
- Signature Page
(PATH) provides award amount up to $500,000 over five years to support accomplished investigators at the assistant professor level to study the pathogenesis
Interested candidates must submit their application by July 14, 2017, 4:00 pm EDT.
If you question is not answered after reviewing the FAQs, email vmcgovern-at-bwfund.org with “2018 PATH” as the subject line.