The American Kidney Fund would like to announce “Carolyn Wilson Dialysis Patient Scholarship Program” for people who have been diagnosed with Stage 5 chronic kidney disease. Individuals residing in the United States, in the states of Arkansas, Louisiana, and Oklahoma and who mark current dialysis patient or a kidney transplant recipient. The scholarship program provides support for people with the end-stage renal disease (ESRD) to further their education or vocational training as part of an effort to initiate, maintain or resume employment and independent living. American Kidney Fund will provide Scholarships of up to $5,000 per year, per person.
The American Kidney Fund is the nation’s leading nonprofit working on behalf of the 31 million Americans with kidney disease. AKF fulfills its mission by providing a complete spectrum of programs and services: prevention outreach, top-rated health educational resources, and direct financial assistance enabling kidney patients to access lifesaving medical care, including dialysis and transplantation.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Must be a resident of Arkansas, Louisiana or Oklahoma
- Must demonstrate financial need through the expenses vs. income table (#6 on application)
- Must be a current dialysis patient or a kidney transplant recipient
How to Apply
To be applying for the scholarship you must write an essay about how kidney disease has affected your life and how the proposed education or training will help you as part of an effort to initiate, maintain or resume employment and independent living.
Please must submit the following documents to be considered for the scholarship
- 2016 Federal Income Tax Return, if applicable. Please redact social security number.
- Parents’ 2016 Federal Income Tax Return, if applicable. Please do not include social security numbers.
- Copy of tuition bill from the desired program
- Reference from nephrology professional (no more than 2 typed pages)
All application material must be submitted at the address given below
American Kidney Fund
Attn: Professional Education
11921 Rockville Pike, Suite 300
Rockville, MD 20852
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The candidate who will win the scholarship program will receive a one-time scholarship award in the amount of $5,000.
Applications must be submitted by July 31, 2017.
For any questions, please email education-at-kidneyfund.org or call 800-638-8299, ext. 7052