The Club Foundation has put forward its scholarship program named as “Joe Perdue Scholarship”. Students who have completed his/her freshman year of college and enrolled for the full upcoming academic year in an accredited four-year institution are eligible. Scholarships mission is to financially support the professional development of club managers through education, training and research initiatives. Award amount of $2,500 will be given the winning candidates by the foundation.
The Club Foundation, the only 501(c)(3) charitable organization for the private club industry, was created by the Club Managers Association of America (CMAA) in 1988. The Foundation established a long term plan for the development of CMAA administered programs such as the Business Management Institutes (BMI), CMAA World Conference education, and website development.
Students selected to receive these scholarships must also meet the following
- Candidate must have completed his/her freshman year of college and be enrolled for the full upcoming academic year in an accredited four-year institution.
- Candidate must have achieved and continue to maintain a grade point average of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale, or 4.5 on a 6.0 scale.
- Any individual who is actively seeking a managerial career in the private club industry and is currently attending an accredited, four-year college or university undergraduate program.
How to Apply
Applicants can download the application form through the given link:
You will be required to submit the following:
- A sealed copy of your official college transcript(s) must arrive directly from your college/university by the application deadline.
- Include the recommendation form and recommendation letter from a faculty advisor/professor and a private club industry professional. The recommendation letters must be typed on Club/University letterhead and be hand-signed by the individual writing the recommendation.
- Include a copy of your current resume.
Applicants must submit their application form and recommendation letter to:
The Club Foundation
1733 King Street
Alexandria, VA 22314-2720
Phone (703) 739-9500
FAX (703) 739-0124
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The winner of this year’s award will receive the amount of $2,500.
The deadline for all materials to be submitted by May 1, 2017.
If you have any question you should be directed to The Club Foundation, 1733 King Street, Alexandria, VA 22314-2720, (703) 739-9500 or via e-mail to joeperduescholarship-at-clubfoundation.org.