The Chicago Area Business Aviation Association (CABAA) Education Foundation is pleased to announce Ken Johnson Memorial Scholarship to promote professional development and business aviation careers.The program is available to graduating high school seniors who are majoring in aviation related field and enrolled at a two-year college or a four-year university. Each year CABAA distributes over $90,000 of scholarship funds in support of students achieving their academic and career goals. The scholarship will be awarded in the amount of $7500 to winning candidates who are seeking a degree in aviation.
The CABAA Educational Foundation was created in 2006 as an IRS 501c3 Charitable Corporation to raise, manage and appropriate funds to programs in support of this goal. CABAAis a grassroots organization formed by business aviation professionals for the purpose of offering our members relevant information, training, and networking experiences to enhance the quality and quantity of business aviation operations in the Chicago land area.
To eligible, the applicant must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicant must be majoring in an aviation related field and have accepted or will accept enrollment at a four-year university or a two-year
- The applicant will demonstrate his/her commitment to aviation, and a desire to work in the aviation field.
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0
- Preference is given to Chicagoland/Illinois area residents and students.
How to Apply
In order to apply, the applicant may submit the online application through the given link:
- An unofficial copy of their high school transcript
- Essay Requirements: Applicant must submit a typed essay, double-spaced, maximum of 1,000 words on the following: “Describe who or what has given you the inspiration to follow aviation as a career path”. This essay should be constructed in a manner that allows the applicant to provide as much information as possible about themselves and their goals.
- Applicant must include at least two letters of recommendation. (Other than relatives or students, business aviation professional preferred but not required.)
- One scholarship will be awarded in the amount of $7500 to a 2017 graduating high school student seeking a degree in aviation.
- Scholarship funds will be paid to the student and college or university of which the recipient is enrolled and are to be used to pay tuition or fees for aviation specific programs.
The complete application must be postmarked no later than May 1, 2017. The winner will be notified by phone and presented the award at the annual CABAA Golf Classic held on August 7th, 2017.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Brian Zankowski, Abbott Laboratories at primary email: scholarships-at-cabaa.com or secondary email: brian.zankowski-at-gmail.com