Upon Morris J. Anderson’s retirement as Chancellor of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities, Mr. Anderson’s colleagues and friends have established “Morrie Anderson Endowed Scholarship”. Students who are enrolled in a technical program at one of the technical or consolidated colleges within the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities are eligible to apply for the scholarship. This scholarship was created to provide scholarship support to students enrolled in a technical program at one of the technical or consolidated colleges within Minnesota State. With the support of individuals from all around Minnesota, LeadMN gives out about $10,000 in a year.
LeadMN connects college students for the change. They represent the 180,000 two-year college students in Minnesota to help them transform their lives and their communities. Their students LeadMN by developing leadership skills to realize their potential, see beyond what they thought was possible for personal success, and to drive community-wide change.
All Scholarship applicants must be:
- Be enrolled in a technical program at one of the technical or consolidated colleges within the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities.
- Be in good academic standing as determined by the campus where they are enrolled.
- Preference will be given to students with financial need and who show great promise.
- This scholarship may be renewed provided the recipient meets the minimum academic standards as determined by the college president.
How to Apply
If you are interested then you can apply through the given link: https://www.tfaforms.com/399298
To apply, students must be ready to submit the following
- Submit letter of application/personal letter and include the following:
- Academic, career and personal goals, describing your academic and career goals and personal goals, and
- Statement of need, describing why you need the scholarship.
- One letter of recommendation from college staff.
- A copy of your school transcript (does not need to be an official transcript).
Through the scholarship, LeadMN provides $10,000 for the winning candidates.
Applications are accepted for the scholarship April 2, 2017- November 1, 2017, for the following spring semester.