Elks National Foundation (ENF) is pleased to announce Legacy Awards Scholarship for the children and grandchildren of Elks member. Legacy Awards are evidenced by a Certificate of Award issued by the Chicago office of the Elks National Foundation. The mission inculcates to the principles of Charity, Justice, Brotherly Love and Fidelity to recognize a belief in God, to promote the welfare. Elks National Foundation is offering a total of 250 awards in the 2017 contest. Legacy Awards are $4,000 scholarships ($1,000 year for four years).
Elks National Foundation helps the state Elks associations to accomplish their charitable objectives and fund projects that improve the quality of life in local Elks communities. The mission of the ENF is to help Elks build stronger communities.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- For the 2017 contest, any child or grandchild (or step-child, step-grandchild, or legal ward) of a living Elk who joined the order on or before April 1, 2014, or a charter member of a Lodge that was instituted on or after April 1, 2014, is eligible to apply.
- The Elk must also be a paid-up member through March 31, 2017. Great-grandchildren are not eligible.
- The applicant must be a high school senior.
- If the applicant’s parent and grandparent are both Elk members, the applicant must apply through the parent’s Elks Lodge.
- Applicants must take the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) or the American College Test (ACT) by December 31, 2016.
- Students may apply for more than one ENF scholarship, however, they may win only one. In cases where the student qualifies for more than one, we will award the scholarship with the greater value. Students can accept local and state scholarships, which are separate from the awards at the national level.
- Legacy Awards may only be applied to accredited US American schools, colleges or universities.
- Applicants from Guam, Panama, Puerto Rico and the Philippines may apply Legacy Awards toward schools, colleges or universities in their respective homes.
- If you are selected as a 2017 Legacy Awards recipient, you will be required to perform service once a year with an Elks Lodge during the four years you are receiving the scholarship.
How to Apply
Are interested in applying for Elks scholarship? If yes you need to register first and after login from the given link: https://www.elks.org/legacyscholarship/
The Foundation will award $4,000 ($1,000 year for four years) scholarships for children and grandchildren of Elks members. The Foundation will offer a total of 250 awards in the 2017 contest.
The 2017 Legacy Awards application deadline is due online by 11:59 a.m. (noon) Central Time on Friday, February 3, 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, email at scholarship-at-elks.org