Students, who desire to build a career in the legal field, have an opportunity to be applying for the Eula Mae Jett Scholarship Plan which is provided by Legal Secretaries, Incorporated (LSI). This scholarship program is available to high school senior, college student, and career change students who will be enrolled in the fall semester in a college or business school. The scholarship is designed to help students pursuing their educational goals and achieve their higher education dreams. The award amount for the scholarship is $2,000 for first place and $1,000 for second place.
By 1934, this idea blossomed and spread throughout the state of California, and in 1940, Legal Secretaries, Incorporated, (also known as LSI®) was formed as a nonprofit mutual benefit corporation. LSI is dedicated to educating legal secretaries and promoting high ethical standards among law office support staff in the legal community.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Be legal residents of the State of California, must be attending school within the State of California during the scholarship year
- Be enrolled in a program of no less than six months in duration
How to Apply
- Applying for the scholarship you must download the application form through the given link: http://www.lsi.org/wp-content/uploads/Application-updated-August-2016.pdf
- Applying for the scholarship you may also download the cover sheet through the given link: http://www.lsi.org/wp-content/uploads/Cover-Sheet-updated-August-2016.pdf
You should attach the following documents along with your application
- Biographical letter from applicant
- Three letters of recommendation
- Unofficial school transcript
- Resume (category c only)
The applications and accompanying documents shall be emailed to the LSI Scholarship Chair at emjscholarship-at-gmail.com
The candidate who will get first place in the scholarship will be awarded $2,000 and $1,000 for Second Place
The deadline for submitting the application form the Eula Mae Jett Scholarship Plan is no later than April 1, 2017.