The Material Handling Education Foundation, Inc is offering scholarship award opportunities to students, who are committed to studying material handling, supply chain and logistics for the 2017/2018 academic terms. The mission of the foundation is to promote the study of material handling, logistics, and the supply chain by exposing students and educators to the industry through financial support. The applicants will receive up to $1,500 to $6,000 scholarship respectively.
The Material Handling Education Foundation, Inc. is an independent charitable organization that was established in 1976. Since then, more than $2.5 million in scholarships and grants have been awarded to students at colleges and universities in the United States and Canada.
- Undergraduates who are raising juniors or seniors for the 2017/2018 academic term and enrolled in a four-year baccalaureate program at a qualified school and program in the United States and Canada.
- Graduate students enrolled in a masters or doctorate program at a qualified school and program in the United States and Canada.
- Students from junior and community colleges or other two-year post secondary schools are eligible if the student has completed a minimum of two years of study and has been accepted as a transfer student to a qualified four-year program at a qualified school in the United States and Canada.
- Applicants must be full-time students and have a “B” grade point average in their current degree program.
- Eligible programs of study are:
- Industrial, Mechanical, Manufacturing, Electrical and Civil Engineering
- Engineering Technology
- Industrial Distribution
- Computer Engineering, Computer Science and Business Administration with an emphasis in production management, industrial distribution, supply chain and logistics
- Supply Chain Management
How to Apply
Applying for the scholarship, you can register through the given link. After that, you can complete the scholarship application form.
Three letters of recommendation include:
- Primary faculty contact
- A full-time faculty member at the current or previous school
- A supervisor from an internship, co-op, employer, etc.
- Another person who may be able to attest to your performance in school or at work
- Letters of Recommendation must be sent to the Foundation directly from the author.
- Official transcripts of all academic work completed beyond high school.
Official transcripts & letters of recommendation must be postmarked or email to the following address:
Postal mail: Donna Varner at MHEFI,
8720 Red Oak Blvd.,
Suite 201, Charlotte,
Scholarship awards range from $1,500 to $6,000 and are made up of funds from the Foundation and the Howard Bernstein Industrial Distribution Scholarship Program.
You must complete and submit the scholarship application by the deadline February 28, 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, email at dvarner-at-mhi.org.