The National Federation of Republican Women would like to announce its annual scholarship termed as “Betty Rendel Scholarship”. Female undergraduates who are majoring in political science, government or economics are eligible to apply for the scholarship program. NFRW empower women from all backgrounds in the political process and provide a forum for women to serve as leaders in the political, government, and civic arenas. Three annual scholarships of $1,000 are awarded to undergraduates who are majoring in political science, government or economics.
The National Federation of Republican Women was founded in 1938, and it is one of the largest grassroots political organizations in the country. They empower women from all backgrounds in the political process and provide a forum for women to serve as leaders in the political, government, and civic arenas.
In order to participate in the scholarship contest, entrants must meet the following criteria:
- Female undergraduates who are majoring in political science, government or economics
- Have successfully completed at least two years of college coursework.
- The recipients are chosen from applicants from across the nation.
- Applicants may only apply for one scholarship per year, scholarship winners may not reapply.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can download scholarship application form through the given link: http://www.nfrw.org/portals/18/documents/rendel.pdf
- Official application form, all sections fully completed. Please write or print clearly. Use black ink.
- Three letters of recommendation, including telephone numbers/emails of authors for follow-up.
- An official copy of the applicant’s most recent college transcript.
- A one-page typed essay stating the reason why the applicant should be considered for the scholarship, including career goals. Optional photograph.
- State Federation President Certification
This certification and fully completed application form should be mailed to:
NFRW 124 North Alfred Street Alexandria,
ATTN: Scholarship Coordinator
The three annual scholarships of $1,000 each will be given to the winning candidates.
Individual applications must be submitted to the applicant’s state federation president by June 1, 2017.