University of Miami is considered among the top tier institutions of
higher education in the U.S. for its academic excellence, superior
medical care, and cutting-edge research. At the U, we are committed to
attracting a talented workforce to support our common purpose of
transforming lives through teaching, research, and service. Through our
values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion,
Creativity and Teamwork (DIRECCT) we strive to create an environment
where everyone contributes in making UM a great place to work. We are
one of the largest private employers in Miami-Dade County; home to more
than 13,400 faculty and staff from all over the world.
- Develop and implement highly proactive outreach services, with particular attention to retention and online student success.
- Provide online students with holistic onboarding support by developing plans for student success including training and empowering online students to understand their own degree requirements.
- Monitor student progress and performance through first two semesters. Analyze problem areas, determine solutions and conduct intervention activities and processes focused on online students.
- Identify and successfully resolve online student concerns through prompt problem resolution and coaching, designed to improve student retention and decrease student melt.
- Demonstrate advocacy and commitment to student success and a deep understanding of the challenges faced by online students.
- Engage with new, first-year online graduate students to provide support needed for successful completion of programs, including but not limited to: residency, funding resources, financial aid, orientation, new student requirements, advising and program requirements, registration/enrollment, payment processes, accessibility resources, and ongoing success/retention.
- Answer and resolve service inquiries with regard to Admissions, Financial Aid and Scholarships, Office of the University Registrar, Student Information Systems, and other University-wide programs. These inquiries may come from multiple modalities including but not limited to phone, email and chat. Appropriate resolutions will include:
- Correctly answering questions regarding policies and procedures for respective offices, particularly when these policies or procedures require anticipatory questioning to determine the fundamental issue and/or related issues.
- Researching question or concerns as necessary.
- Escalation of the concerns to the appropriate person or office as needed, including transfers when appropriate.
- Coordinate and work collaboratively with the Financial Aid Office, Registrar’s Office, and Student Accounts to ensure an excellent student experience.
- Advise new online students on academic support resources and creates electronic/web resources for students.
- Follow-up with new students via phone, email, online/social media/chat and direct mail to properly onboard each student in attempts to decrease student melt.
- Assist students with the onboarding process and remain point of contact through first term.
- Build rapport and provide guidance for students towards persisting in a degree.
- Consistently review students’ records to ensure they are informed of any missing official documents, requirements, and deadlines.
- Think creatively and work with students/prospective students to solve problems and provide ideal solutions to their needs.
- Project a positive, friendly, professional experience, particularly when the issue is not easily resolved or requires lengthy explanation.
- Communicate effectively, including articulating potentially complicated topics to the student/prospective student in terms easily understood by lay people and using verbal/written feedback to ensure understanding has been achieved.
- Communicate effectively with other University personnel, including following up with faculty, staff and other stakeholders as applicable.
- Facilitate coaching appointments with students and follow up on interventions.
- Counsel students on conflict resolution strategies to resolve difficulties that impede their educational progress.
- Conduct regularly scheduled beginning and mid-semester advising with current students to ensure positive retention rates
- Make contact with every enrolled student prior to start of classes; provide feedback to appropriate Admissions Representative to ensure positive retention rates.
- Make daily retention calls and set appointments with potential readmits to meet weekly goals.
- Establish contact with potential graduate student candidates, assists students in the selection of appropriate courses and concentrations in terms of students’ stated preferences. Initiate and maintain individual student files as appropriate, updating and evaluating file as new information is received.
- Attend all Student Orientation sessions.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a larger team charged with achieving the enrollment goals for the University
- Proactively utilize multiple methods of communication (e.g., phone, email, instant messaging, video, social networking sites) to maintain consistent communication with prospective and current online students, providing social networking/community building opportunities, engagement with the university, and awareness of student responsibilities.
- Responsible for knowledge of information related to university, college, and program policies and procedures, as well as information related to community resources to provide online students with information, guidance and assistance in making informed decisions.
- Ensure federal laws, organizational policy and procedures are followed regarding security and confidentiality pertaining to student records and the collection/or use of personally identifiable information. Strictly adhere to organization procedures regarding security and confidentiality of student financial and FERPA protected information.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Exceptional telephone etiquette
- Excellent written skills and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively via internet-based media or social media while ensuring student outcomes are not affected
- Ability to work in a faced paced environment
- Strong ability to work well under time pressure and meet deadlines and goals
- Excellent time management, attendance and ability to take on additional responsibilities exceptional attention to detail and organization
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment
- Exceptional coaching, counseling or mentoring skills
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills needed to foster relationships and support
- Commitment and demonstrated excellence to providing the highest level of customer service to achieve student success
- Commitment to a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends, which may include working more than 40 hours per week to meet the needs of students
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or working toward completion of a college degree
- 1-3 years of professional work experience, preferably in higher education or in a customer service environment
- Exceptional customer service experience in either an inbound and/or outbound telephone centered environment highly preferred.
Apply Online. Position #: P100016782.
University of Miami is home to some of the brightest minds in the
world. We are committed to educating and nurturing students, creating
knowledge, and providing service to our community and beyond. The
University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive
benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition
remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of
Miami is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Come join us!
Classroom Assistant II (Part Time-4 Positions)
|Recruitment/Posting Title||Classroom Assistant II (Part Time-4 Positions)|
|Department||Ctr-Strategic Urban Ldrshp-Cmd|
The Classroom Assistant will support the classrooms serving children from ages 0-3 years and creating and maintaining a safe and stimulating environment for young children. This position is responsible for daily care of the children enrolled in his/her class. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following: physical caregiving, following an age appropriate daily plan, and facilitation of supportive relationships with co-workers, parents, and students. The Classroom Assistant II ensures, supports, and promotes each child’s safety, health, and development in cooperation with their families and other early childhood professionals in a manner consistent with NAEYC, NJDHS and child care licensing regulations
|Hours Per Week||19.5|
|Daily Work Shift|
|Position Salary||$10-$12 per hour|
|Terms of Appointment||Temporary Staff Appointment – Hourly|
|Minimum Education and Experience|
AA degree, preferably in the field of Early Childhood Education of Child Development from an accredited public or private institution of higher education. Child Development Associate (CDA) credential for Preschool Caregivers required or an equivalent credential that addresses comparable competencies; or must obtain the credential within one year of employment as a Classroom Assistant II.
|Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities|
Must have (or be willing to obtain) training and experience necessary to develop consistent, stable, and supportive relationships with very young children. Ability to work as part of a multi-program/disciplinary team in providing a variety of services to children and families. Experience working with children from low income families. Valid First Aid/CPR card, food handler’s card, negative TB test, and clear criminal background check required.
|Physical Demands and Work Environment|
|Posting Open Date|
|Posting Close Date|
|Open Until Filled||No|
|Special Instructions to Applicants|
|Regional Campus||Rutgers University-Camden|
|Home Location Campus||Rutgers University-Camden|
Osteoporosis Prevention & Treatment Ctr Student Worker
|Working Title||Osteoporosis Prevention & Treatment Ctr Student Worker|
|Anticipated Starting Academic Term||Fall|
|Job Category||Administrative/Office Support|
|Federal Work Study Required?||No|
|Job Summary||The student will be involved in patient relations, answer phones, scheduling patient appointments, study recruitment assistance, database entry, filing, copying, faxing|
|Job Requirements||Prior customer service experience, familiarity or interest in medicine/medical terminology and Microsoft Office|
|Child Protection Clearances||The following PA Act 153 clearances and background checks may be required prior to commencement of employment and as a condition of continued employment: PA State Police Criminal Record Check, FBI Criminal Record Check, PA Child Abuse History Clearance.|
|Hourly Pay Rate||$7.65|
|Anticipated Number of Openings||2|
|Anticipated Hours per Week||10-20|
|Anticipated Weekly Schedule||flexible|
|Primary Work Location||Kaufmann Bldg, Suite 1110|
The University of Pittsburgh is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and values equality of opportunity, human dignity and diversity. EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
Student Software Developer (FALL)
Student Software Developer (FALL) –
: United States-Oklahoma-Norman
Work Schedule: Flexible, 10-20 hours per week
Salary Range: $10.00
Benefits Provided: No
Required Attachments: Resume, Academic Transcripts, Class Schedule
The Cooperative Institute for Mesoscale Meteorological Studies (CIMMS) seeks to fill a Student Assistant position to contribute to CIMMS Meteorological Phenomena Identification Near the Ground (mPING) project (http://mping.ou.edu/).
The principal duties of this position are:
Required Education: Must be currently enrolled in the current Fall 2018 Term as a student at the University of Oklahoma. Hiring contingent upon verification of current student status.
- Must attach Fall 2018 oZONE class schedule.
- Strong computer programming skills with particular emphasis on Python and PostgreSQL
- Strong familiarity with the UNIX/Linux operating environment and web services such as Nginx, Django and RESTful web applications
- Optional experience with mobile app development on Android and/or iOS is a plus
- Experience debugging and/or trouble shooting software and hardware issues
- Experience working with complex software applications and web-based communications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively with others
Special Instructions: If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing
Hiring contingent upon a Background Check?: Yes
Special Indications: None
: Oct 30, 2018
Classroom Assistant II (Part Time-4 Positions)
137 Position Details Position Information Recruitment/Posting Title Classroom Assistant II (Part Time-4 Positions) Posting Number 18TM0693 Department Ctr-Strategic Urban Ldrshp-Cmd...
Osteoporosis Prevention & Treatment Ctr Student Worker
96 Working Title Osteoporosis Prevention & Treatment Ctr Student Worker Anticipated Starting Academic Term Fall Job Type Student Job Category...
Student Software Developer (FALL)
63 Student Software Developer (FALL) – Job Number: 183298 Organization : CIMMSJob Location : United States-Oklahoma-NormanSchedule : Part-timeWork Schedule: Flexible, 10-20 hours per weekSalary Range: $10.00Benefits Provided: No Required Attachments: Resume,...
Cross-Disciplinary Faculty Position: Illustration/Drawing/Digital Media
54 Posting Details Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All...
Cross-Disciplinary Faculty Position: Ceramics/Digital Ceramics
38 Posting Details Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All...
JMU X-Labs Student Intern – IE
26 Position Details Position Information Working Title JMU X-Labs Student Intern – IE Posting Number J1255 Position Type Institutional Employment...
General Archives Student Assistant
34 Posting Details Posting Details Job Title General Archives Student Assistant Requisition Number DU04595 Department Name 88000:LIBRARY ADMINISTRATION Work Location...
Oral History Center Indexing Student Assistant
29 Posting Details Posting Details Job Title Oral History Center Indexing Student Assistant Requisition Number DU03576 Department Name 88000:LIBRARY ADMINISTRATION...
Dullabh Education Award
34 About the scholarship Application status: Not currently open for applicationsApplicable study: Year 3 of a BEd(Tchg) Primary, GradDipTchg(Sec) or...
KMOS-TV Development Student Worker – Spring 2019
24 Position Information Position Information Position Title KMOS-TV Development Student Worker – Spring 2019 Working Title KMOS-TV Development Student Worker...