Pacific Nw Clean Water Association (PNCWA) is glad to announce three scholarships named as Environmental Stewardship Scholarship, Lucas Eibel Memorial Scholarship and the Education for Operators Scholarship.To be applying for the scholarships, the applicants must be verified enrollment or acceptance in a college (2- or 4-year school) in a water, wastewater, or environmental related program. PNCWA is dedicated to preserving and enhancing water resources in the states of Idaho, Oregon, and Washington. The total award amount of the scholarship is $7,500.
Pacific Nw Clean Water Association (PNCWA) is the preeminent state association dedicated to education, dissemination of technical and scientific information, increased public understanding, and promotion of sound public laws and programs in the water resources and related environmental fields in Washington, Oregon, and Idaho.
Please see the basic entry requirements below
- Verified enrollment or acceptance in a college (2- or 4-year school) in a water, wastewater, or environmental related program. (If you are a high school senior who had not yet been accepted at a program you must provide the names of the programs to which you have applied.)
- Official proof or transcript of grades from high school or college.
- Two essays on career goals related to the water environment.
- A minimum of two letters of recommendation—one must be a teacher or professor, the other must be from someone not related to the applicant.
- Examples of volunteer community service and/or extracurricular activities preferred
- Must be a U.S. citizen and a resident of Idaho, Oregon, or Washington. For the Lucas Eibel Scholarship, the applicant must be a resident of Oregon and attending an Oregon 2-year college.
- Maybe attending or plan to attend a school within or outside of Oregon, Washington or Idaho and permanent address (i.e. parent’s address) is in Oregon, Washington, or Idaho.
- Maybe attending a school in Oregon, Idaho, or Washington, and have completed at least one year at said school, and is or will be continuing at a school within Idaho, Washington, or Oregon, and has established a practical physical year round residence in one of the said states, even though student originally came from out of state, and parent still resides out of state.
How to Apply
You can apply for the by creating an account by the given link: https://app.smarterselect.com/program/apply/40379?apply=true
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Five scholarships will be announced by the organization and each scholarship up to $1500.
The deadline to submit your application is June 23, 2017, and you may also edit your application through June 23, 2017.
If you have any question you can contact: scholarships-at-pncwa.org