The Pension Real Estate Association (PREA) is offering an application for its PREA Scholarship Program that is administered by Scholarship America.The program is available to all college sophomores, juniors or seniors, and graduate level students who are already enrolled or planning to enroll in full-time undergraduate or graduate study.PREA’s mission is to serve its members engaged in institutional real estate investment through the sponsorship of objective forums for education, research initiatives, membership interaction and the exchange of information. The association will provide $15,000 and $5,000 award for graduate and undergraduate students.
The Pension Real Estate Association (PREA) was founded in 1979. It is a non-profit trade association for the global institutional real estate investment industry. PREA currently lists over 700 corporate member firms across the United States, Canada, Europe and Asia. Scholarship America® is the nation’s largest designer and manager of scholarship, tuition assistance and other education support programs for corporations, foundations, associations, and individuals.
Applicants to the PREA Scholarship Program must be:
- Current college sophomores, juniors or seniors and graduate level students who are already enrolled or planning to enroll in full-time undergraduate or graduate study at an accredited four-year college, university, or graduate school for the entire upcoming academic year.
- Majoring or concentrating in real estate.
How to Apply
To apply, the candidate may download application through the given link: http://sms.scholarshipamerica.org/prea/application.pdf
- Completed Appraisal
- Current complete transcript(s) of grades (including grading scale)
- Resume: Sending a resume does not replace any part of this application.
- Essay: One-page essay of 500 words or less,
- Why you have decided to pursue a career in the commercial real estate industry (less than 100 words) and,
- Why do institutional investors such as pension funds invest in real estate as part of a mixed or multi-asset portfolio?
- Discuss what you feel are the opportunities, risks, and challenges that investors may find in the real estate investment markets.
- Mail the completed application form (including the completed Appraisal and Transcript sections if part of the application, a copy of the essay, and any other required documents) to Scholarship America:
All materials must be addressed to
PREA Scholarship Program
Scholarship America One Scholarship Way
Saint Peter, MN 56082
- The essay must be written as a Word or PDF document and emailed as an attachment to prea-at-scholarshipamerica.org (The essay question and name of the applicant must be at the top of the written essay.)
- If selected as a recipient, the student will receive an award ranging from $500 to $5,000.
- $15,000 is designated for awards to graduate students, and
- $5,000 is designated for awards to undergraduate students.
- Awards are for undergraduate and graduate study and are one time only.
- Scholarship America processes scholarship payments on behalf of PREA. The payment is made in one installment on August 1.
The 2017 scholarship applications must postmark no later than June 1, 2017.
If you have any question, contact the PREA office at (860) 692-6341 and the PREA general e-mail at prea-at-prea.org.