At PG&E they believe in the power that education has strengthening a community. PG&E is inviting high school and college students throughout Central and Northern California to apply for a Better Together STEM Scholarship. The program is administered by Scholarship Management Services, a division of Scholarship America. PG&E is investing in promising students today because they are the leaders, dreamers, and innovators of tomorrow. The program awards a total of $100,000 in scholarships annually to local high school, community college, and non-traditional students.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E), a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE: PCG), and the PG&E Corporation Foundation strive to power strong communities throughout Northern and Central California.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be a minimum of 16 years of age and be a high school senior or graduate, have received GED certification or be a current postsecondary undergraduate student.
- Primary residence is a PG&E customer in California at the time of application. The bill must display the customer’s name and service address.
- Plan to enroll in the full-time undergraduate study for the entire 2017-2018 academic year and pursuing their first postsecondary degree at one of the PG&E Partnered Schools for the entire 2017-2018 academic year.
- Pursuing a degree in one of the following STEM disciplines:
- Engineering (electrical, mechanical, computer, industrial or environmental)
- Computer Science/Information Systems
- Cyber Security
- Environmental Sciences
How to Apply
To be applying for scholarship, the candidates must register or login themselves by the given link:
As part of your application, you must upload the following documents:
- A current, complete transcript of grades. Grade reports are not accepted. Unofficial or online transcripts must display student name, school name, grades and credit hours for each course and term in which each course was taken.
- A recent PG&E bill. The bill must display the customer’s name and service address.
- ACT or SAT scores for high school seniors.
If selected as a recipient, the student will receive a $5,000 award. Awards are renewable up to four years or until a bachelor’s degree is earned, whichever occurs first, on the basis of satisfactory academic performance.
Your application must be submitted on or before March 31, 2017.
You can email or contact for queries
- Email: pge-at-scholarshipamerica.org
- Call: 1-507-931-1682