Are you a high school senior? Apply today for”Shawn Carter Scholarship” put forth by The Shawn Carter Scholarship Fund (SCSF). The scholarship program is open to all high school seniors and undergraduate college students who are 25 years old or younger at the time of application.The mission of the Shawn Carter Foundation is to help individuals facing socio-economic hardships further their education at post-secondary institutions.Each qualify students will get individual grants that can be used to cover tuition expenses and related supplemental educational expenses.
The Shawn Carter Foundation was established in 2003 as a 501c3 public charity (“Shawn Carter Scholarship Fund”) by Shawn Carter and his mother, Gloria Carter. Since the Foundation’s inception, over $4MM have supported initiatives to empower youth and communities in need through the Foundation’s signature scholarship fund, annual college tours, study abroad experiences, counseling initiatives, and giveback programs.
- All high school seniors, students with GED diplomas, undergraduate (2 years or 4 years) college students, and students at vocational or trade schools who meet the requirements below are eligible.
- Must be US citizen or permanent resident
- Must be a 25 years old or younger
- Must have a minimum 2.0 GPA
How to Apply
To apply, the applicant can create new account to submit online application through the given link: https://shawncarterscholarship.communityforce.com/Funds/Search.aspx#4371597136646D517975544F5976596D4E73384E69673D3D
- Tell about yourself and use specific details when sharing your extracurricular activities. They do not know anything about you until you share it with them. Specific details can help them understand how great you are. The same can be said about your essay. They don’t expect the essay to run too long but make sure your essay helps us learn more about you and your perspectives.
- The photo is optional. If you decide to provide a photo, send a headshot from the shoulders up similar to an ID card.
- The SCSF provides individual grants, paid directly to the educational institution, to every student who qualifies and reapplies yearly, from admission to graduation.
- The grant can be used to cover tuition expenses and related supplemental educational expenses such as books, lab fees, travel, and select costs of living.
The applications begin on April 1st and will be close on April 30, 2017 (11:59 PM EST). Incomplete and late applications are not eligible.
If you have any question, direct your inquiry to scsfapplicant-at-shawncartersf.com.