Title: Student Work Study Supplemental Instruction (SI) Leader (2018-19 Aid Year through 6.30.19
Subject Matters Needing Support: Psychology (graduate and undergraduate), Counseling (graduate), Public Health (graduate and Business (undergraduate).
Department: Academic Affairs
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time
Compensation: $15.00 per hour
Date: Appointment through June 2019
Please do not apply until you have read and understood the following: If you have not heard back about this position by FRIDAY, JANUARY 25, 2019 , this role has been filled and we are not moving forward with your application at that time. We post Federal Work Study positions on the Capella Careers site every quarter and encourage you to check the website for future roles that may be of interest to you.
What is Federal Work Study?
The Federal Work Study Program (FWS) provides part-time employment to learners with financial need. Financial need is based on the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) provided by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The award amount depends on your financial need and is based on expected weekly employment targets. Unlike federal grants, funds from the Federal Work Study are paid to the learner on a bi-weekly basis after employment requirements have been met and wages have been earned. The inclusion of Federal Work Study in your financial aid award is not a guarantee of the amount you will earn as you will be paid only for the hours that you actually work.
All federal aid sources must be included in your financial aid, including the Federal Work Study Program. With this additional federal aid source, it may reduce the amount of federal loans you would be eligible for. Keep in mind that federal loans must be paid back (with interest) whereas the Federal Work Study Program funds are provided to you bi-weekly and do not require repayment.
The Supplemental Instruction (SI) leader is responsible for planning and facilitating weekly interactive, collaborative study and review sessions that combine what to learn (content) with how to learn (study strategies). Through these review sessions, the SI leader will help Capella learners to become independent learners and successfully learn course material.
- Session Prep: As an SI leader you are expected to: prepare, set up, and conduct three hours of SI sessions per week (two 90-minute session or three 60-minute sessions), per course, within the Adobe Connect platform. Session preparation will include: readying Adobe Connect, reading,reviewing previous recordings or materials, reviewing syllabus and assignments. You should also prepare handouts with questions/problems to be covered during the SI session.
- Session facilitation: Your weekly SI sessions will include: interactive learning activities that integrate study strategies with course content, using a variety of techniques to promote active learning: small groups, writing activities, problem-solving activities, presentations, quizzes/polls, etc.
- Course management: Visit course discussions daily and maintain familiarity with course material weekly. As an SI leader you are expected to visit your SI thread daily and respond to learner posts in your thread daily (Monday-Friday).
- Administration: SI Administrative duties include, but may not be limited to, completing paperwork in a timely manner; distribute time surveys to learners as needed; collect and report attendance at sessions, and assist with additional data collection and analysis as needed.
- Team meetings: Attend regular team meetings. Attend initial and continuous training sessions as required.
This position requires 10-15 hours a week and is remote. Most duties can be completed on nights and weekends, but some availability during regular business hours for training and weekly team meetings may also be required. This role is expected to continue through June 2016.
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Have completed the 2018-2019 FAFSA.
- Have successfully completed a minimum of 3 quarters at Capella University with a minimum GPA of 3.5 in their program of study. Be prepared to submit your unofficial transcript when requested.
- Be in good academic standing
- Be continuously enrolled as a learner during their appointment as work study SI leader
- Have subject matter competency in undergraduate-level or graduate-level content area(s). This will be determined based on the specific course the SI leader will support.
SI positions currently available in psychology, business, public health, and counseling programs
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact effectively with faculty.
- Demonstrated effective time management skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of English, including grammar and sentence structure.
- Excellent relationship-building, customer service, and problem resolution skills.
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail, initiative and follow-through.
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm under pressure and maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
- Ability to plan and develop creative SI study strategies using a wide variety of identified learning strategies.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to effectively network with faculty.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite programs with an emphasis on Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Strong customer service skills and effective telephone communication skills – such as pleasant telephone manners and skills.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate a group of people, disseminating information.
- Demonstrated confidence and self-awareness.
- Demonstrated excellent skill in creative collaboration is essential.
- Experience with Adobe Connect is essential.
- Minimum hardware, internet, and phone requirements (equal to learners’ computer compatibilities)
Many of our positions, including this role, are designed to be remote “home office” settings.
Employees working out of a home office are responsible for providing an appropriate and safe office space, office furniture and organization, communication tools, and related items. These include:
- arranging for high speed internet connection, printer and a dedicated phone line for business use. Specifics regarding expense coverage and reimbursement vary based on individual position categories. Capella will not provide office equipment or on-site set up assistance.
- the environment must be free from distractions and enable a highly productive and professional work environment.
- as with on-site positions, our off-site positions require that the majority of the time will be spent using a telephone, PC and monitors.
- any and all daycare arrangements must be made so that employees are not working while providing care for children or other family members at home.
- there are minimal lifting requirements unless otherwise noted.
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) act applies to work performed by an employee in any workplace within the United States, including a workspace located in an employee’s home. All employees are responsible for complying with the OSHA act and with safety and health standards.
Capella University is an online university built on graduate degrees, with more than 35,000 students throughout the U.S. and in other countries. Founded in 1993 to provide advanced educational opportunities for working professionals, Capella has become a national leader in online education, offering bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs. The university’s success is built upon a culture that promotes human potential, achievement, innovation, integrity, collaboration, and teamwork. Capella Education Company (CPLA), parent company of Capella University, is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. Capella Education Company was named to the Inc. 500 Hall of Fame for being listed as one of the nation’s fastest-growing companies for 7 consecutive years. Capella University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission. The Higher Learning Commission is among the 6 regional accrediting bodies recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Regional bodies accredit colleges and universities; national bodies accredit trade and vocational schools.
Higher Learning Commission contact information: https://www.hlcommission.org , 800.621.7440
Equal Employment Opportunity
Capella is committed to the development of a multicultural environment. We seek greater diversity in our faculty and staff to broaden our academic experience and to reflect the diversity within our learner community. We value the input of multiple viewpoints and perspectives across the university and our corporate offices. Our goal is to create academic and business communities that are rich with cultural, social and intellectual diversity. Capella is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Disabled and Protected Veteran employer. Visit the link below to access the EEO is the Law poster. http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Stay Connected with Capella Careers!
Join our Talent Community
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Connect with us on LinkedIn
Classroom Assistant II (Part Time-4 Positions)
|Recruitment/Posting Title||Classroom Assistant II (Part Time-4 Positions)|
|Department||Ctr-Strategic Urban Ldrshp-Cmd|
The Classroom Assistant will support the classrooms serving children from ages 0-3 years and creating and maintaining a safe and stimulating environment for young children. This position is responsible for daily care of the children enrolled in his/her class. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following: physical caregiving, following an age appropriate daily plan, and facilitation of supportive relationships with co-workers, parents, and students. The Classroom Assistant II ensures, supports, and promotes each child’s safety, health, and development in cooperation with their families and other early childhood professionals in a manner consistent with NAEYC, NJDHS and child care licensing regulations
|Hours Per Week||19.5|
|Daily Work Shift|
|Position Salary||$10-$12 per hour|
|Terms of Appointment||Temporary Staff Appointment – Hourly|
|Minimum Education and Experience|
AA degree, preferably in the field of Early Childhood Education of Child Development from an accredited public or private institution of higher education. Child Development Associate (CDA) credential for Preschool Caregivers required or an equivalent credential that addresses comparable competencies; or must obtain the credential within one year of employment as a Classroom Assistant II.
|Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities|
Must have (or be willing to obtain) training and experience necessary to develop consistent, stable, and supportive relationships with very young children. Ability to work as part of a multi-program/disciplinary team in providing a variety of services to children and families. Experience working with children from low income families. Valid First Aid/CPR card, food handler’s card, negative TB test, and clear criminal background check required.
|Physical Demands and Work Environment|
|Posting Open Date|
|Posting Close Date|
|Open Until Filled||No|
|Special Instructions to Applicants|
|Regional Campus||Rutgers University-Camden|
|Home Location Campus||Rutgers University-Camden|
Osteoporosis Prevention & Treatment Ctr Student Worker
|Working Title||Osteoporosis Prevention & Treatment Ctr Student Worker|
|Anticipated Starting Academic Term||Fall|
|Job Category||Administrative/Office Support|
|Federal Work Study Required?||No|
|Job Summary||The student will be involved in patient relations, answer phones, scheduling patient appointments, study recruitment assistance, database entry, filing, copying, faxing|
|Job Requirements||Prior customer service experience, familiarity or interest in medicine/medical terminology and Microsoft Office|
|Child Protection Clearances||The following PA Act 153 clearances and background checks may be required prior to commencement of employment and as a condition of continued employment: PA State Police Criminal Record Check, FBI Criminal Record Check, PA Child Abuse History Clearance.|
|Hourly Pay Rate||$7.65|
|Anticipated Number of Openings||2|
|Anticipated Hours per Week||10-20|
|Anticipated Weekly Schedule||flexible|
|Primary Work Location||Kaufmann Bldg, Suite 1110|
The University of Pittsburgh is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and values equality of opportunity, human dignity and diversity. EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
Student Software Developer (FALL)
Student Software Developer (FALL) –
: United States-Oklahoma-Norman
Work Schedule: Flexible, 10-20 hours per week
Salary Range: $10.00
Benefits Provided: No
Required Attachments: Resume, Academic Transcripts, Class Schedule
The Cooperative Institute for Mesoscale Meteorological Studies (CIMMS) seeks to fill a Student Assistant position to contribute to CIMMS Meteorological Phenomena Identification Near the Ground (mPING) project (http://mping.ou.edu/).
The principal duties of this position are:
Required Education: Must be currently enrolled in the current Fall 2018 Term as a student at the University of Oklahoma. Hiring contingent upon verification of current student status.
- Must attach Fall 2018 oZONE class schedule.
- Strong computer programming skills with particular emphasis on Python and PostgreSQL
- Strong familiarity with the UNIX/Linux operating environment and web services such as Nginx, Django and RESTful web applications
- Optional experience with mobile app development on Android and/or iOS is a plus
- Experience debugging and/or trouble shooting software and hardware issues
- Experience working with complex software applications and web-based communications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively with others
Special Instructions: If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing
Hiring contingent upon a Background Check?: Yes
Special Indications: None
: Oct 30, 2018
Classroom Assistant II (Part Time-4 Positions)
116 Position Details Position Information Recruitment/Posting Title Classroom Assistant II (Part Time-4 Positions) Posting Number 18TM0693 Department Ctr-Strategic Urban Ldrshp-Cmd...
Osteoporosis Prevention & Treatment Ctr Student Worker
91 Working Title Osteoporosis Prevention & Treatment Ctr Student Worker Anticipated Starting Academic Term Fall Job Type Student Job Category...
Student Software Developer (FALL)
55 Student Software Developer (FALL) – Job Number: 183298 Organization : CIMMSJob Location : United States-Oklahoma-NormanSchedule : Part-timeWork Schedule: Flexible, 10-20 hours per weekSalary Range: $10.00Benefits Provided: No Required Attachments: Resume,...
Cross-Disciplinary Faculty Position: Illustration/Drawing/Digital Media
51 Posting Details Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All...
Cross-Disciplinary Faculty Position: Ceramics/Digital Ceramics
35 Posting Details Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All...
JMU X-Labs Student Intern – IE
24 Position Details Position Information Working Title JMU X-Labs Student Intern – IE Posting Number J1255 Position Type Institutional Employment...
General Archives Student Assistant
32 Posting Details Posting Details Job Title General Archives Student Assistant Requisition Number DU04595 Department Name 88000:LIBRARY ADMINISTRATION Work Location...
Oral History Center Indexing Student Assistant
25 Posting Details Posting Details Job Title Oral History Center Indexing Student Assistant Requisition Number DU03576 Department Name 88000:LIBRARY ADMINISTRATION...
Dullabh Education Award
27 About the scholarship Application status: Not currently open for applicationsApplicable study: Year 3 of a BEd(Tchg) Primary, GradDipTchg(Sec) or...
KMOS-TV Development Student Worker – Spring 2019
20 Position Information Position Information Position Title KMOS-TV Development Student Worker – Spring 2019 Working Title KMOS-TV Development Student Worker...