The Live Mas Scholarship Program, open to the innovators, creators, and dreamers is sponsored by The Taco Bell Foundation. That’s right. The Live Mas Scholarship is not based on your grades or how well you play sports. No essays, no test scores, no right or wrong answers. They are looking for the next generation of innovators, creators and dreamers – whose post-high school education we will help fund. Create and submit a video (2 minutes or less in length) that tells us the story of your life’s passion. The Taco Bell Foundation will award $1 million to 100 young adults in 2017.
The Taco Bell Foundation, a non-profit foundation was founded in 1992, with a focus to ignite the potential within teens and help them discover their passions.
- You must be a legal resident of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, between 16 and 24 years of age, located in the United States or D.C. and on track to apply for accredited post-high school/post-secondary educational programs (including accredited two-and-four-year colleges, universities, vocational-technical and trade schools) pending receipt of a high-school diploma or G.E.D equivalent.
- You’ll have to identify the specific secondary education program, college or certificate/degree option you want to get into, or for which you which you need funds.
- If you are a minor, you’ll need writing consent from a parent or legal guardian to participate.
- You must be willing to work with the Taco Bell Foundation’s Scholarship Management Company throughout the award process.
- Employees of Taco Bell Foundation, Inc., Taco Bell of America, LLC, Taco Bell Corp. and its parent, subsidiaries of its parent, franchisees, licensees, and the advertising and promotion agencies involved with this Program are not eligible to apply or receive a scholarship.
How to Apply
- Applying for the scholarship, the candidates must submit the on-line application form. The link is: https://www.livemasscholarship.com/#apply
- Create and submit a video (2 minutes or less in length) that tells the story of your life’s passion. It could be a short film, animation or just a simple testimonial. This is not about how well you can make a film– we just want you to show us your talents and explain why you should be considered for a Live Mas Scholarship. Your video should be formatted as an MP4, MPEG, MOV, AVI, or WMV.
- What is your passion?
- How do you plan to achieve your passion through your educational goals?
- What impact will you have on the world by following your passion?
- What is your dream college, school or next step in your education?Each applicant must identify a specific secondary education program, college or certificate/degree option he/she wishes to attend, or for which he/she needs funds.
- What makes you unique?
- What career do you wish to pursue?
- What experiences shaped are you growing up?
- What is something we wouldn’t know about you that helps explain the “real” you?
- What does this opportunity mean to you?
- If you are awarded a scholarship, how will it change your life?
Total value of all scholarships: $1,000,000.00. Limit one (1) scholarship per person. Sponsor reserves the right to award more than the above 100 scholarships and more than $1,000,000.00 in scholarships based on available resources and as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Awards are as follows:
- 10 Awards: $25000 each
- 60 Awards: $10000 each
- 30 Awards: $5000 each
The Program begins on February 15, 2017, at 12:00:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) and ends at 12:00:00 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time (“PDT”) on May 12, 2017 (the “Program Period”). Scholarship recipients will be selected between May 13, 2017, and July 30, 2017 (the “Selection Period”).