With collaborative effort of Trade Five and the Technical College System of Georgia (TCSG) “Trade Five Scholarship” Program has been established. These scholarships are open to graduating high school seniors entering a TCSG institution in a field of study leading to a high demand career in the skilled trades. TCSG mission is to support The Technical College System of Georgia through marketing, advocacy and fundraising to benefit college students, programs, and faculty. The $1,000 scholarship award amount will be provided by the Foundation.
The Technical College System of Georgia (TCSG), formerly known as the Department of Technical and Adult Education (DTAE), is the State of Georgia Government Agency which supervises the U.S. state of Georgia’s 22 technical colleges and one technical divisions in the University System of Georgia (USG), while also surveying the adult literacy program and economic and workforce development programs.
All Scholarship applicants must be:
- Be a citizen of the United States and a resident of the state of Georgia
- Be a graduating 2017 high school senior from a Georgia high school
- Be admitted to or enrolled in a TCSG institution at the time of funding award in one of the following program areas that prepare the student for a career identified through the Governor’s High Demand Career Initiative and that falls within one of the Trade Five industries (manufacturing, telecommunications, energy, logistics, film or construction)
- Plan to enroll in a TCSG institution no later than Summer 2017
How to Apply
Intersected applicants should follow the given link to apply for the scholarship program: https://www.cognitoforms.com/GDECD1/TradeFiveScholarship
Applicants must provide following documents at the time of application
- Include a letter of recommendation from a high school instructor, counselor, administrator, or Trade Five industry partner
- Provide a copy of the TCSG acceptance letter or class schedule and,
- Be registered in the Trade Five website database,
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Scholarships will be awarded in the amount of up to a maximum of $1,000 per student to be used within one academic year. Funds are to be used for tuition, books, requisite fees and/or program supplies.
Applications must be complete by August 9, 2017.