The Dan David Prize is a joint international corporation, endowed by the Dan David Foundation and headquartered at Tel Aviv University. The scholarships are open to doctoral and post-doctoral researchers, carrying out research in one of the selected fields for the current year. The Dan David Prize recognizes and encourages innovative and interdisciplinary research that cuts across traditional boundaries and paradigms. It aims to foster universal values of excellence, creativity, justice, democracy and progress and to promote the scientific, technological and humanistic achievements that advance and improve our world. The Dan David Prize laureates annually donate twenty scholarships of US$15,000 each to outstanding students.
The Dan David Foundation was founded in 2000 with a $100 million endowment by Romanian-born Israeli businessman and philanthropist Dan David.
- The Dan David Prize awards scholarships to doctoral and post-doctoral researchers, carrying out research in one of the selected fields for the current year.
- Registered doctoral and post-doctoral researchers who study at recognized universities throughout the world, and whose research has been approved, are eligible to apply.
- Applicants who have received a scholarship from the Dan David Prize may not apply again.
How to Apply
- The candidates can complete the online scholarship application form to be considered for The Dan David Prize. The link is: http://www.dandavidprize.org/application-form
- Submit your recommendation form through the given link: http://www.dandavidprize.org/recommendation-submission-form
- A full curriculum vitae of the applicant (allowed: doc|rtf|docx|pdf / max:5mb)
- A one-two page description of the applicant’s doctoral/postdoctoral research project (allowed: doc|rtf|docx|pdf / max:5mb)
- A list of the applicant’s publications (allowed: doc|rtf|docx|pdf / max:5mb)
- Three separate letters of recommendation, on official letterhead and signed, by recognized scholars in the field, one of which is the doctoral/postdoctoral supervisor (allowed: doc|rtf|docx|pdf/max:5mb). Applicants/Recommenders are requested to go to Recommendation Submission Form to attach the recommendation letters. In addition, originals must be received by March 10, 2017, via regular post to Ms. Smadar Fisher, Director, Dan David Prize, P.O.Box 39040, Tel Aviv University, Ramat Aviv, Tel Aviv 6997801, Israel.
- Signed authorization by the university, on official letterhead, stating that the applicant is a registered doctoral student/postdoctoral researcher, whose research has been approved. (allowed: doc|rtf|docx|pdf / max:5mb). In addition, original must be received by March 10, 2017, via regular post to Smadar Fisher, Director, Dan David Prize, P.O.Box 39040, Tel Aviv University, Ramat Aviv, Tel Aviv 6997801, Israel.
- The Dan David Prize laureates annually donate twenty scholarships of US$15,000 each to outstanding doctoral students and postdoctoral researchers of exceptional promise in the chosen fields for the current year.
- Ten scholarships are awarded to students at universities throughout the world and ten scholarships to students at Tel Aviv University.
The deadline for receipt of scholarship applications is March 10, 2017.
For inquiries, please contact ddprize-at-post.tau.ac.il, tel: +972-3-6406614