The Rotary Club of Lexington is awarding scholarships to top-performing high school seniors based on outstanding academic achievement, extracurricular activities, and community service. To be eligible for the scholarship applicant must attend a four-year college or university in the United States as a full-time student with enrollment commencing in the fall of 2017. The purpose of the scholarship program is to stimulate and encourage excellence by rewarding and giving public recognition to specific academic achievements. The total worth of the scholarship is $7000 funded by Rotary Club.
Rotary Club is an organization of business and professional men and women working to promote the Five Avenues of Service including Club, Vocational, Community, Youth and International Service. Rotary International and the Lexington Rotary Club believes in education, at all levels, as a powerful means to change individual’s lives which in turn leads to positive change throughout society.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Applicant must attend a four-year college or university in the United States as a full-time student with enrollment commencing in the fall of 2017.
- Applicant must have an un-weighted cumulative high school GPA of at least 3.5.(This requirement does not apply to First Generation applicant).
- Submission of your complete high school transcript through the semester ending December 2016.
- Applicant must be attending a Lexington, KY high school with a scheduled graduation in the spring of 2017.
How to Apply
To be applying for the scholarship, the interested candidates may submit their application through the given link:
You will need to provide the following information and materials:
- Applicants must provide a recommendation letter before application deadline please email recommendation letter to nshah-at-yourtechnologyadvisor.com Subject of email should be: Rotary Scholarship Recommendation for Last Name, First Name
- Applicants must provide complete high school transcripts through the semester ending December 2016 are emailed to nshah-at-yourtechnologyadvisor.com Subject of email should be: Rotary Scholarship Recommendation for Last Name, First Name
Financial Aid and Award Money:
This year rotary club will award $1,000 each to at least eight students on the All Fayette County Academic Team and a $6,000 scholarship (payable in 4 annual installments of $1,500/year) to the overall Rotary Scholar.
Applications must be submitted by Tuesday, April 11, 2017, at 11:59 PM.