The University of Oklahoma is pleased to announce a competitive scholarship named as the Sooner Heritage Scholarship to middle-income students. Graduate students who are enrolled in at least five hours per semester and undergraduate students who are enrolled in at least six hours per semester are eligible to apply. Sooner Heritage helps qualified families who have more than one child attending college. The program is available for middle-income students whose families do not qualify for federal assistance, but still, need a helping hand with college expenses.Awards are made based on a students’ financial need as determined by the FAFSA.
The University of Oklahoma (OU) is a coeducational public research university in Norman, Oklahoma. Founded in 1890, it had existed in Oklahoma Territory near Indian Territory for 17 years before the two became the state of Oklahoma. With the support of Governor George Washington Steele, on December 18, 1890] the Oklahoma Territorial legislature established three universities.
- Undergraduate students must be enrolled in at least six hours per semester to qualify for Sooner Heritage
- Graduate students must be enrolled in at least five hours per semester to qualify for Sooner Heritage
- Middle-income students are eligible, whose families do not qualify for federal assistance, but still, need a helping hand with college expenses.
How to Apply
To apply for the scholarship, the applicant can submit online application through the given link: https://ousurvey.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_43igSx1unpz066V
An FAFSA is required in order to be considered for this scholarship, except for international students.
- Awards are made based on a students’ financial need as determined by the FAFSA.
- All other Financial Aid Scholarship decisions through CASH have been made.
The Sooner Heritage Scholarships application deadline for 2017-2018 is July 20th, 2017, at 11:59 p.m.
If you have any question, email at scholarships-at-ou.edu