The WIIT (Association of Women in International Trade) Charitable Trust’s Mission is to support women’s access to the benefits of international trade through providing educational opportunities, connecting women entrepreneurs to global markets, and improving the knowledge base to inform policymakers on trade issues. That’s why they are proud to announce their merit-based scholarship the WIIT Trust Scholarship to support women studying International Trade who show promise as Future Global Leaders. Undergraduate and graduate students, who are currently enrolled at an accredited U.S. university or college, either full-time or part-time, are eligible to apply. The WIIT Trust will provide up to $1500 award to deserving candidates.
The WIIT Charitable Trust was founded in 2001 to fund charitable activities that promote understanding of the benefits of trade.The Trust is a 501(c)(3) organization and contributions are tax-exempt. Contributions to the Trust are separate from dues for WIIT.The WIIT Trust achieve their mission by helping women in developing economies enter global markets by establishing partnerships that promote fair trade
- Applicants must be female
- Applicant must be currently enrolled at an accredited U.S. university or college, either full-time or part-time
- Undergraduate and graduate students are eligible
How to Apply
To apply, the applicant can download the application, through the given link: https://wiit.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/WIIT-Scholarship-Spring-2017-Flyer-Application-Form.pdf
- Proof of Acceptance or Current Enrollment
- Submit an essay: The typed essay should be 3-5 pages in length, double spaced, 12 pt. Times New Roman font, with page numbers, and submitted in a PDF format. A detailed bibliography should be included. This essay must be written in English, and conform to the guidelines of the Chicago Manual of Style.
Essay Topic: “Choose a U.S. free trade agreement and examine whether it has or has not been effective from the perspective of one U.S. industry of your choice.”
- Briefly, describe the history of trade relations between the parties to the free trade agreement you have chosen.
- Describe the role that your chosen industry has played in trade flows during the same time period.
- Analyze the impact of the trade agreement in the chosen industry.
- Provide your opinion on the effectiveness of the trade agreement from the perspective of the chosen industry.
- The complete application with an essay must submit by emailtomary-at-rmkproductions.com
- Send your final essay (PDF) and Proof of Acceptance or Current Enrollment at an accredited U.S. college or university to WIIT Trust Executive Director, Elizabeth Schumacher (info-at-wiit.org)
- This merit-based scholarship is awarded twice per year and works to encourage women to pursue their interests in International Trade and Global Development.
- Awards (up to $1,500) will be based on the quality of the assigned essay and the applicant’s demonstrated interested in international trade, and are made without regard to race, creed, color, sexual orientation or religion.
- Each recipient will also receive one free year of membership to WIIT
The application deadline is July 31, 2017.
If you have any question, contact at Info-at-wiit.org