The Women in Aerospace Foundation, Inc. is pleased to announce its “Women in Aerospace Scholarship Program” for female students of any citizenship or nationality. The program is available to a woman who is a rising senior in college studying engineering, math or science, thus encouraging women to enter careers in the aerospace field.The goal of the program is to encourage young women interested in a career in the aerospace field to pursue higher education degrees. The WIA Foundation will worth three (3) merit-based awards of $2000.
The Women in Aerospace (WIA) Foundation, Inc. was founded in 2009, is a nonprofit, tax-exempt educational organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended. It is dedicated to expanding women’s opportunities for leadership and increasing their visibility in the aerospace community.
- Minimum college grade point average (GPA) of not less than the equivalent of 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Must have completed at least two and a half academic years of full-time college work at the time of application
- Must be currently enrolled at an accredited college or university in the United States or its territories, working towards a bachelor’s degree, and plan to continue to be enrolled in the subsequent academic year
- Interested in pursuing a career in the aerospace field
- Entering junior or senior year in the 2017-2018 academic year
- Must be female, of any citizenship or nationality
How to Apply
To be considered for the scholarship, you may download and complete the application form. The link is:
- High school and college transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation from a professor, or a supervisor of summer or Co-op work experience, or a supervisor of research work. Recommendations from relatives will not be accepted.
- 500-1000 word essay on why the applicant is interested in aerospace, what she wants to accomplish in her career, and why she deserves the scholarship
- Completed scholarship letter (see below), agreeing to the payment rules
One hard (paper) copy with the above application materials to be mailed to:
Women In Aerospace Foundation, Inc.
Attn: Scholarship Selection Committee
204 E Street NE
Washington, DC 20002
Three merit-based awards of $2000 will be given to rising juniors and seniors in college, to be applied to the 2017-2018 academic year.
The application must be received by June 21, 2017. The scholarship winners will be notified by email and letter by July 28, 2017. References or transcripts may be mailed separately, if necessary.
For further information, contact the WIA Foundation at info-at-womeninaerospacefoundation.org or 202-547-0229.