The Washington Interscholastic Activities Association (WIAA), The Dairy Farmers of Washington and Les Schwab have teamed up to announced 2017 Smart Choices Scholarship. It is open for the full-time student in a WIAA member high school, in good standing or in grade 12.The mission is strengthening all students for life through participation in excellent, fair, safe, and accessible activities. Smart Choices winners receive a $5,000 scholarship toward the institution of his and her choosing. An additional four (4) male and four (4) female finalists receive $1,000 scholarships.
The Washington Interscholastic Activities Association (WIAA) is a private, nonprofit 501(c) (3) service organization and rule-making body that was formed in 1905 to create equitable playing conditions between high school sports teams in Washington.
- Must be a legal resident of Washington State
- Must be enrolled as full-time student in a WIAA member high school, in good standing or in grade 12.
- minimum GPA of 3.20,
- Participates in a WIAA-sanctioned high school sport or activity during the 2016-17 school years, as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion.
- The applicant cannot be on suspension or other disciplinary probation imposed by the school or school system at any time in the 2016-17 school years.
How to Apply
To apply, candidates can complete the on-line scholarship application form by the given link:
Applicant must submit:
- The applicant will be required to write an essay in English of no more than 250 words or submit a video personal statement no longer than five (5) minutes about “How you plan to use your education to benefit others”.
- All essays and videos must be the sole, original work of the Applicant. Technical assistance in the creation of videos is allowed (camera man/woman).
- Essays and videos will be considered equally based on message and creativity.
Winners of Smart Choices will receive a $5,000 scholarship toward the institution of his and her choosing. An additional four (4) male and four (4) female finalists receive $1,000 scholarships.
Applications may be submitted beginning on November 1, 2016, and ending April 1, 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, email at smartchoices-at-wiaa.com.