The AAHD Scholarship Committee and AAHD Board of Directors are pleased to offer “AAHD Frederick J. Krause Scholarship On Health And Disability”. The mission of AAHD is to advance health promotion and wellness initiatives for children and adults with disabilities. The program supports the efforts and dedication of students who have chosen to pursue higher education in the disability and health fields. The successful applicant who does the best will receive $1,000.
The American Association on Health and Disability (AAHD) is a cross-disability national non-profit 501(c) (3) organization committed to promoting health and wellness initiatives for children and adults with disabilities. AAHD is the only national organization specifically dedicated to integrating public health and disability into the overall public health agenda.
To be eligible, the student must possess
- Student with a disability who is pursuing undergraduate/graduate studies (must be at least enrolled as a sophomore in college) in an accredited university
- Who is pursuing studies related to the health and disability, to include, but not limited to public health, health promotion, disability studies, disability research, rehabilitation engineering, audiology, disability policy, special education and majors that will impact the quality of life of persons with disabilities?
- Applicant must be a US citizen or legal resident living in the United States
- Applicant must have a disability as defined by the American with Disabilities Act.
How to Apply
Applying for the scholarship, the candidates can download the application form through the given link: https://www.aahd.us/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/AAHDScholarship2017-18.pdf
All applicants need to submit the following documents for consideration:
- Applicant must provide a Personal Statement (maximum 2 pages, double-spaced), including brief personal history, educational/career goals, extra-curricular activities, and reasons why they should be selected by the AAHD Scholarship Committee. This statement must be written solely by the applicant.
- Applicant must provide two (2) Letters of Recommendation (One must be from a teacher or academic advisor). Letters may be sent by U. S. mail or by email attachment and should include the signature of the teacher or advisor, and the name of the student should appear in the subject line of the email.
- Applicant must provide an official copy of college transcript, which should be mailed to AAHD in a sealed envelope.
- Applicant must have a documented disability and provide documentation of their disability from a specialist (physician, educator, et. al).
- Applicant must agree to allow AAHD to use his/her name, photo and/or story in future scholarship materials.
All interested applicants must email their complete application packet to scholarship-at-aahd.us, and you can also send it to the given address
American Association on Health and Disability
110 N. Washington Street, Suite 328-J
Rockville, MD 20850
Available amount for AAHD Scholarship Program is $1,000.
The application and accompanying information must be submitted on November 15, 2017.