The Naperville Branch of American Association of University Women (AAUW) is pleased to announce the Angeline Gale Memorial Scholarship. The scholarship is open to a woman who is seeking an undergraduate degree, with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 and working toward completion of her degree. The scholarship’s intent is to encourage women to scholarly pursuits even when their education may have been interrupted for various reasons. The scholarship of $5,000 will be awarded to part-time as well as full-time students, those in traditional or accelerated programs.
The AAUW Naperville Area, Illinois Branch was chartered April 20, 1956.The American Association of University Women advances equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy and research.
This scholarship program is applicable for:
- Applicants should reside or attend school in DuPage, Will, Kendall or Kane Counties in Illinois.
- GPA of at least 3.0. Applicants who have a higher G.P.A. will be considered the more qualified candidates.
- The minimum age to apply for the scholarship is 28 years so applicant must be 28 years old.
- Enrolled in a full-time, part-time or accelerated undergraduate degree program at an accredited institution
- Financial need considered
- Maybe receiving financial aid
- Must complete degree by December 2018
How to Apply
The interested candidate can download the application form through the given link:
- Personal Statement: Include a personal statement describing your educational journey, your educational and career ambitions and your current financial needs. What led you to return to school? The more you tell us about yourself, the more fairly we can award scholarship. The essay should be a minimum of 550 words. Use additional paper and attach.
- Official Transcripts: Enclose one copy of your official transcripts from your current institution. The transcripts must be in a sealed envelope stamped by your institution on the back. If you transferred to your current institution, we do NOT need copies of your transcripts from your previous institution if the transfer credits are reflected on your current transcript. If your institution will not release official sealed transcripts to you, please have them sent separately to our address.
- Financial Statements from Your School: Enclose copies of your financial statement from your school. This should include information on your financial aid package, any grants you have received and your current bill. Usually, all this information is in the same statement. The financial statements may be unofficial xerox copies.
You can send the completed application packet to:
P.O. Box 4662
Naperville, IL 60567-4662
The Naperville Branch of AAUW will award $5,000 scholarship amount to the winning candidate.
The application deadline is March 17, 2017.
If you have any query about scholarship, contact Yonah Klem at Aauwnapervillescholarship-at-gmail.com