The New England Employee Benefits Council (NEEBC) is now offering its annual NEEBC’s Scholarship Program to college students. The scholarship is open to undergraduate or graduate students who are studying in an accredited academic program leading to a degree. The primary mission of the NEEBC is to help those students who are demonstrating an interest in a career in the employee benefits field through either course of study or work experience. The NEEBC will provide an annual scholarship award of up to $5,000 to winning candidates.
The New England Employee Benefits Council (NEEBC) was founded in 1979 to promote discussion, networking, and informational exchange among the region’s employee benefits practitioners.NEEBC is a not-for-profit IRS 501(c)(3) association with 1,350 members. The Council’s strength is its diverse membership, comprised of both employers and providers of benefits consulting and services.
- In order to be eligible, a student must be a college student (undergraduate or graduate) studying in an accredited academic program leading to a degree; residing either in New England, or enrolled in a college in New England.
- The student must demonstrate an interest in a career in the employee benefits field through either course of study or work experience.
- Current NEEBC Board members, their spouses, and children are not eligible to participate.
How to Apply
In order to apply, the candidate can download the application in the doc. The link is: http://www.neebc.org/assets/docs/2017/2017-neebc-scholarship-application.doc
Each applicant will be required to provide:
- All college transcript(s)
- A minimum of two references from college professors, NEEBC members, or other benefits professionals.
The completed scholarship applications, including supporting materials, Mail to:
New England Employee Benefits Council
240 Bear Hill Road, Suite 102
Waltham, MA 02451
- The NEEBC Scholarship Program provides for annual awards scholarships of up to $5,000, supplementing other formal programs but will not exceed the annual tuition fee and on-campus room and board charges.
- The awards will be renewed annually, upon submission of supporting documentation, for the amount of time normally required to earn a degree, but in no instance will exceed four years.
The complete application must be postmarked no later than April 1st.