Anthony Munoz Foundation would like to announce “Anthony Munoz Scholarship Fund”. Graduating high school senior with a minimum 3.0-grade point average or a minimum composite ACT score of 18 can apply for the scholarship. The scholarship program supports Greater Cincinnati high school youth in achieving their dreams of attending a local college or university. Multiple scholarships of $20,000 will be awarded in 2017 for the winning candidates.
The mission of the Anthony Muñoz Foundation is to impact the lives of Tri-State (Greater Cincinnati) area youth mentally, physically and spiritually.
You can check the basic entry requirements as follows
- Be a graduating high school senior with a minimum 3.0-grade point average or a minimum composite ACT score of 18
- Attend a high school in the Tri-State region, defined as the counties of:
- Kentucky – Boone, Bracken, Campbell, Gallatin, Grant, Kenton
- Indiana – Dearborn, Franklin, Ohio, Switzerland, Union
- Ohio – Brown, Butler, Clermont, Clinton, Greene, Hamilton, Highland, Montgomery, Preble, Warren
- Have freshman standing by the fall of 2017
- Be a student entering an accredited Tri-State college or university
- Demonstrate a desire and intent to overcome adversity, have financial need, excel academically, and fulfill a leadership role in the community
- Interview with member(s) of the Anthony Muñoz Foundation Scholarship Fund selection committee if chosen as finalist
- Attend the award ceremony held on Sunday, June 11, 2017, in Mason, OH.
- Complete, and submit to the Anthony Muñoz Foundation (AMF), all required materials within the stated deadlines for consideration of the Award
- If chosen as a winner, must maintain full-time student status and cumulative grade point average above 2.5.
How to Apply
- To be applying for scholarship, the applicants can download the application form through the given link: http://www.munozfoundation.org/downloads/Scholarship%20Fund/2017%20AMF%20Application.pdf
- To be considering applicants must write an essay. There is no minimum or maximum length requirement for your response. Please attach any additional sheets if necessary. (Typed format is preferred, but not required) you can respond to the following question.
“Describe any personal hardships or unusual circumstances you have had to overcome. How have these experiences shaped you as a person, and how can they help you in the future?”
Have the following ready before you complete this application.
- Scholarship application form
- Personal statement of adversity or intent to overcome
- Acceptance letter from intended college or university if available
- College or university student ID #-if available
- A high school transcript for the entirety of high school career up to date of application submission
- Current financial information for the family. This includes your SAR Report and the financial sheet in this packet
After completing the application you can mail your application to:
ANTHONY MUÑOZ FOUNDATION
8919 Rossash Road
Cincinnati, Ohio 45236
Attn. Caleigh Willis
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Multiple $20,000 scholarships will be awarded in 2017. The award shall be renewable only if the recipient(s) meets eligibility and performance requirements as stated by in the application.
Applications for the scholarship fund will be accepted starting January 1, 2017, through May 1, 2017.
If you have any question? Email Caleigh Willis cwillis-at-munozfoundation.org