Job description: Documentary film company seeking iSchool students/grads for short term contract.
Mercury Films is a Toronto-based documentary production company. We are looking to make a second deposit of materials into the University of Toronto Archives. We have approximately 25 boxes containing tapes of various formats as well as printed material and binders that require sorting, labelling and cataloguing in preparation for integration with the Archives. This work will be done under the supervision of the Mercury team.
Start date: Week of November 5th 2018
Duration: Approximately 2 weeks, part time, flexible hours, as required to finish the job
To apply, please send your resume to [email protected] , and include in your subject line ARCHIVING November 2018
Student Wellness Worker
Dean of Students, First Peoples’ House
Competition No. – S114837460
Posting Date – Oct 24, 2018
Closing Date – Nov 07, 2018
Position Type – Full Time – Operating Funded
Salary Range – $58,675 to $81,208 per year
Grade – 10
Hours – 35
This position offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: Faculty & Staff Benefits .
Reporting to the Director and working in close collaboration with First Peoples’ House staff and other units within the Dean of Students portfolio, the Student Wellness Worker will provide support to First Nations, Metis and Inuit learners. Supports will be related to providing information to help students’ wellbeing and will include offering self-care sessions, facilitating wellness activities, hosting Wellness Week, working with students in crisis, and planning activities/providing resources associated with preventing and reducing substance misuse.
The successful candidate must have knowledge in or be familiar with the traditions, values, and beliefs associated with First Nations, Metis, and Inuit cultures.
- Conduct thorough needs assessments from a strengths-based approach and considering diverse student experiences to develop a thorough understanding of presenting student needs
- Engage and empower students in the decision-making process to identify and develop support or referral options based on best practices and the needs of the individual
- Provide assistance to students in the area of adjusting to new changes and challenges like new to the university, medical disorders, relationship issues, and historical trauma
- Coordinate and conduct traditional healthy parenting, and healthy relationships sessions
- Support students in receiving fundamental needs like the food bank, emergency housing, medical services, and child welfare
- Offer quality guidance and counseling to First Nation, Metis, and Inuit students
- Provide crisis intervention and suicide risk assessment as well as short-term client stabilization when required
- Develop strong partnerships and positive working relationships with and acts as a liaison between many campus and greater community services to maintain direct, seamless connections to all suitable resources
- Support and assist in creating relevant First Nation, Metis and Inuit student mental health policies and procedures
- Liaison with campus resources and faculties to address and promote mental health amongst First Nation, Metis and Inuit students
- Organize resources for the use of the student and introduce them to the appropriate support groups
- Social Work Degree (BSW) required with a minimum of 5 years of experience
- Must be in good standing with the Alberta College of Social Worker
- Experience in suicide risk assessment and prevention
- Knowledge and understanding of the impacts of historical trauma within First Nation communities
- Knowledge and experience relating to First Nations culture and approaches to healing
- Experience in providing crisis and short-term counselling support, information and referrals
- Experience with working in Metis Settlements, First Nation or Inuit communities
- Experience in group facilitation and support and build resiliency of students
- Ability to seek and build relationships with families, social services systems, such as child welfare, justice, health, income supports, and education
- Experience working with people with addictions and/or other mental health concerns
- Experience working with victims of sexual assault
- Knowledge of the Indian Residential School System and the effects this system has had on former students and their families
- Experience working with LGBTQ and two-spirit peoples
- Knowledge and connections with external organizations
- Proficient working knowledge of computers and programs
- Ability to work with confidential information in a professional and sensitive manner
How to Apply
Note: Online applications are accepted until midnight Mountain Standard Time of the closing date.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of Alberta is committed to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. We encourage women; First Nations, Métis and Inuit persons; members of visible minority groups; persons with disabilities; persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression; and all those who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the University to apply.
Tenure-Track Position in Data Science
The Department of Mathematics
Applications must consist of a cover letter, a current
Dr. Cody Hyndman, Chair
Department of Mathematics and Statistics
1455 de Maisonneuve Blvd. West
Subject to budgetary approval, we
Concordia University is strongly committed to employment
To comply with the Government of Canada’s reporting
Yes, I am a citizen or permanent resident of Canada
No, I am not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada
Library Student Assistant
|Job Title||Library Student Assistant|
The University Library, is seeking Student Assistants for casual hourly employment. Student Assistants provide technology support in W650. Duties may include, but are not limited to: basic data entry, technology support (e.g., Bridge Bucks, copying, printing, scanning, creative/productivity applications), and other general office duties.
Hours of Work:
• Tuesday to Thursday: 11:00 AM – 2 PM and 6 PM – 10 PM
Starting Salary Range: $15.00 per hour
Closing Date: October 25, 2018
• Dedication to providing the best possible service and support to patrons
Further knowledge and Skills That are of Benefit Include:
|Hiring Range||Hiring Range indicated in Position Details|
|Open Until Filled||No|
|Special Instructions to Applicants|
The University of Lethbridge hires on the basis of merit and is committed to employment equity and diversity. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply. In accordance with Canadian Immigration requirements, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given preference.
Classroom Assistant II (Part Time-4 Positions)
123 Position Details Position Information Recruitment/Posting Title Classroom Assistant II (Part Time-4 Positions) Posting Number 18TM0693 Department Ctr-Strategic Urban Ldrshp-Cmd...
Osteoporosis Prevention & Treatment Ctr Student Worker
95 Working Title Osteoporosis Prevention & Treatment Ctr Student Worker Anticipated Starting Academic Term Fall Job Type Student Job Category...
Student Software Developer (FALL)
60 Student Software Developer (FALL) – Job Number: 183298 Organization : CIMMSJob Location : United States-Oklahoma-NormanSchedule : Part-timeWork Schedule: Flexible, 10-20 hours per weekSalary Range: $10.00Benefits Provided: No Required Attachments: Resume,...
Cross-Disciplinary Faculty Position: Illustration/Drawing/Digital Media
53 Posting Details Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All...
Cross-Disciplinary Faculty Position: Ceramics/Digital Ceramics
36 Posting Details Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All...
JMU X-Labs Student Intern – IE
24 Position Details Position Information Working Title JMU X-Labs Student Intern – IE Posting Number J1255 Position Type Institutional Employment...
General Archives Student Assistant
34 Posting Details Posting Details Job Title General Archives Student Assistant Requisition Number DU04595 Department Name 88000:LIBRARY ADMINISTRATION Work Location...
Oral History Center Indexing Student Assistant
26 Posting Details Posting Details Job Title Oral History Center Indexing Student Assistant Requisition Number DU03576 Department Name 88000:LIBRARY ADMINISTRATION...
Dullabh Education Award
31 About the scholarship Application status: Not currently open for applicationsApplicable study: Year 3 of a BEd(Tchg) Primary, GradDipTchg(Sec) or...
KMOS-TV Development Student Worker – Spring 2019
21 Position Information Position Information Position Title KMOS-TV Development Student Worker – Spring 2019 Working Title KMOS-TV Development Student Worker...