For many students the biggest obstacle to a higher education is money. The Armenian Students’ Association aim is to remove this obstacle by providing deserving students of all ages with scholarships that can be used to pay for college or graduate school. The Armenian Students’ Association offers a variety of scholarships for college and graduate students for the 2017-2018 academic year. Award varies according to the scholarships.
The purposes of this Association are educational and charitable, in that it shall encourage educational pursuits by Armenians in America and the raising of their intellectual standards, provide financial assistance in the form of scholarships and loans to deserving Armenian students, develop fellowship among them, cultivate in them the spirit of service in the public interest, and acquaint them and the entire American community with Armenian culture.
In order to be eligible for an ASA Scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Must be of Armenian descent
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student and have completed one full year of academics at a four-year accredited U.S. college by June 2017 or must be enrolled in a two-year college and are transferring to a four-year college or university as a full-time student in fall 2017
- Must be a U.S. citizen or must possess appropriate Visa status in order to study in the U.S.
How to Apply
- You can download the scholarship application form through the given link: http://www.asainc.org/national/scholarships/Scholarship-ApplicationForm.pdf
- Complete the student’s reference form. You can download the form from the given link: http://www.asainc.org/national/scholarships/Scholarship-ReferenceForm.pdf
- Essay Prepare and submit an essay. Please write an essay of 300 words or less, setting forth additional information about yourself, which you believe, may be of assistance to the Committee in deciding upon your application. Please include your future plans following the completion of your education.
- Transcripts An official college transcript must be received by the committee directly from your school. (Student copies and photocopies are not acceptable.)
- Freshmen: must have transcripts sent from both your current college and your former High School.
- Transfers, Graduate Students, & Ph.D. Candidates: must have transcripts sent from both your current college and your former college.
- Medical & Law School Students: if a current transcript is not available, please provide a transcript from your former college and Mid-term grades if available.
- Three Reference Letters. Complete the top portion of the three (3) reference forms. Two of the forms should be completed by a teacher, professor, or employer (no relatives please). The third form should be a personal reference completed by a family friend, etc. Letters of recommendation may supplement but not replace the form. These forms must be sent to us directly by the person giving the reference by March 15, 2017. Furnish each of them with a stamped envelope addressed to the ASA office.
- Tuition Costs Include a copy of your school’s costs for the 2017-2018 academic year. Transfer students must provide costs for the new school. A most recent official copy of the school’s bulletin or a statement of costs is required.
You can send the completed application packet to:
Armenian Students’ Association of America, Inc
333 Atlantic Avenue
Warwick, RI 02888
Award Money varies according to the scholarship.
The application and supporting documents must be submitted by March 15, 2017.
You can call the ASA office at (401) 461-6114.