At Bay Alarm Medical, they’re committed to helping seniors in staying happy and healthy longer so that they can continue to live independently. They also believe seniors play a vital role in our communities especially through sharing their stories and life lessons. That’s why Bay Alarm Medical is offering scholarship program with the aim to highlight life lessons and how seniors inspire us in our everyday lives. Candidates who are graduating from high school or currently pursuing an education in college or university are eligible to apply.The mission of the program is to provide affordable safety and peace of mind for you and your loved ones. Three winners will be select by the company and get total $5,500 (1st$2,500, 2nd $2,000, 3rd $1,000) award amount.
Bay Alarm Medical is part of the Bay Alarm Family of Companies.For nearly 70 years, its singular mission has been to protect the most important things in life – family, health, and independence. They are a subsidiary of Bay Alarm, a family company that has specialized in home security for nearly 7 decades.
To be eligible candidates must follow these given official rules:
- Be involved in a community service effort/volunteer opportunity where you work with the elderly OR Participate in caregiving duties for an elderly relative living in your home.
- Must be a graduating senior in high school or currently enrolled in an undergraduate program for the 2017-2018 school year
- Only one entry per student permitted
- Entries containing plagiarized material or off-topic content will result in disqualification
How to Apply
In order to be considered for a volunteer scholarship from Bay Alarm Medical, please do the following:
- Write a 500-1,000 word essay that answers the following three questions:
- What is the most important lesson you’ve learned from the senior you work with?
- How has working with seniors impacted your life/inspired you?
- How would you encourage others to spend more time with their grandparents or seniors in the community?
- Use the following filename format for your word doc essay and photo:
- Full name and school ex: John_Smith_SFSU
- Submit your essay in a word document along with a picture of you and the senior discussed (as attachments) to: scholarship-at-bayalarmmedical.com
Three winners will be chosen:
1st place: $2,500
2nd place: $2,000
3rd place: $1,000
Deadline for the Bay Alarm Medical Essay Scholarship is April 30, 2017, and winners will be notified by April 30, 2017.