The Charles and Lucille King Family Foundation is glad to announce their Undergraduate Scholarship Program to outstanding students who are studying in television and film production. Any junior- or senior-level student who is enrolled in a 4-year, degree-granting program at an accredited U.S. college or university is eligible to apply. The purpose of the program is to provide financial help to those students who have to demonstrate academic ability, financial need, and professional potential. A maximum of $3,500 is available for each of the third and fourth academic years.
The Charles & Lucille King Family Foundation was established in 1988 to support individuals, institutions, and organizations committed to educational excellence and professional development. To that end, in addition to the Broadcast Education Association, the Foundation has established several other ongoing grants and scholarship programs.
- To be eligible for a King Family Foundation undergraduate scholarship, you must be a full-time film or television major about to enter your junior or senior year in a degree-granting program at an accredited 4-year U.S. college or university.
- The junior- and senior-level students who are majoring in television, film, and related fields, and who demonstrate academic ability, financial need, and professional potential.
How to Apply
In order to apply, the candidates may download the application form through the given link:
- Personal statement: Include a typed personal statement of no more than two pages which describes your goals and why you feel that furthering your education will help you accomplish these goals. Applications will not be considered unless accompanied by your personal statement.
- Three letters of recommendation/support
- A copy of your current official transcript
Mail your completed application, in an envelope to:
Mr. Michael Donovan, Educational Director
Charles & Lucille King Family Foundation
400 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10017
The King Family Foundation Undergraduate Scholarship Program will worth up to $7,000 awards to junior- and senior-level students.
The complete applications with all supporting materials must be received no later than April 1st, for the following academic year.