The Indiana Commission for Higher Education is pleased to announce the Mitch Daniels Early Graduation Scholarship. The program is open to Indiana resident students who are graduates from a publicly supported high school at least one year early. The Indiana Commission for Higher Education is committed to furthering efforts that support college access and success for all Hoosiers. The winners of the scholarship will receive one-time $4,000, scholarship that may be used toward tuition and fees and any remaining funds shall be remitted to the student.
The Indiana Commission for Higher Education (CHE) is a state agency charged with coordinating Indiana’s system of public colleges and universities. Its mission is to thrive as a state and as individuals; Hoosiers need to achieve a depth and breadth of education never seen in Indiana’s history. It is a fourteen-member public body created in 1971
- Must be an Indiana resident and a U.S. Citizen or eligible noncitizen
- Must have attended a publicly supported high school on a full-time equivalency basis for at least the last two semesters before the student graduated
- Must have been awarded a minimum of a Core 40 high school diploma by the end of grade 11, including any summer course work completed by July 1 of the year of graduation
- Must not have been enrolled in a publicly supported high school for any part of a fourth year (grade 12)
- Must enroll as a full-time student at an eligible institution not later than the fall semester (or its equivalent, as determined by the Commission) in the academic year immediately following the year in which the student graduates from high school
- Must meet any other minimum criteria established by the Commission
How to Apply
To apply for the scholarship, the applicant can submit online application by creating an account through the given link: https://scholartrack.che.in.gov/Login?ReturnUrl=%2f
Submit a complete and clean FAFSA https://fafsa.ed.gov/ (allow 5-7 business days for processing)
The Mitch Daniels Early Graduation Scholarship is a one-time $4,000 scholarship for students who graduate from a publicly supported high school at least one year early.
The scholarship may be used toward tuition and fees and any remaining funds shall be remitted to the student. This scholarship may not be used for remedial course work.
The deadline for submitting the 2017-2018 Mitch Daniels Early Graduation Scholarship application is September 1, 2017.